Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 05-11-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Tired of getting sucked out

ill take a different line here,

i also move up and down from the 600NL to the 1000NL
(which many of you have gathered from my confusing wrong game size references lol)

i would argue that the 1000NL plays a great deal differently from the 600NL. essentially, the players are either much much worse than the standard 600NL player, or much better. this will mean youll be getting your money in against draws alot more, which will increase your variance immensely.

i also run like crapola in the 1000NL, people running off hands when Im bluffing, calling it off with AA, or moving in on me with flush draws when I have sets and hitting invariably, or calling all ins with draws getting marginal odds

the game is really really bizarre

i would recommend simply playing the 600NL, maybe even try the 6MAX tables of 1000NL, as the play is much more reasonable. it seems as if you could continue to develop for awhile though, so id say try some 600 6MAX as that might help your game out a ton.

the 1000NL consists of nut peddlers and morons. the game is frustrating and pathetic.

that is all. hope this made sense.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the 1000NL consists of nut peddlers and morons. the game is frustrating and pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who else would you expect to play at full-ring NL tables? The player that can exploit an online capped buy-in full-ring game without peddling the nuts is special indeed. I've seen it, but it's pretty rare.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:52 PM

i would tend to agree with you based upon my smaller stakes experience playing full ring, but the 600NL plays much more creatively and skillfully, imho

the 600NL is where i began to have a different conception about what was possible for good full ring play

before that i played mostly 6MAX on doyles room, and yes that is probably coloring my opinion
Old 05-11-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
try to recognise that when you have win a hand, you generally win more than you ought to when the odds are taken into consideration. If you have AA and double through an opponent with KK, you actually win 100% of your wager when you only should win @80% in the long run. That means that at some point, you will have to give that 20% back. Bad beats are the way of balancing this out in the long run, and are to be expected....frequently. Just keep getting your money in when you have the best of it, and make sure you can afford the long run...which can eventually be much longer than you think is possbile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nicely stated.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I consistantly get my money in with the worst of it, suck out, and win lots of money. try doing that.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be funny, except it's really true.