Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2005, 08:23 PM

Default K,K bad play or bad luck?

Pacific was 10 handed MP @ posts and hero posts 2 players leave one sits out.

Hero Kh Kc
MP1 folds, MP2 checks, MP3 calls Hero raises, Dealer calls, SB calls, BB folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

11 SB Flop is 3d 2s Ks 5 handed

check to Hero bets, Dealer calls, SB raises, MP2 folds, MP3 folds Hero raises, Dealer calls, SB caps, Hero calls, Dealer calls.

11.5BB 3 handed
Turn is 4c

SB bets, Hero raises, Dealer calls, SB calls

17.5 BB 3 handed
River is 5s

Not a card I wanted to see.

SB bets, Hero raises, Dealer re-raises, SB calls, Hero calls.

Results below in white.

<font color="white">Dealer turns over Ac Jh and obviously goes off my Christmas mailing list [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] </font>
Old 03-01-2005, 08:25 PM

Default Re: K,K bad play or bad luck?

I think you know which it is(bad play or bad luck).

You protected your hand as best you could at every opportunity, even though it didn't really need protection. Someone hit runner runner against you, it happens.

Happened to me 7 or 8 times last night. It's not bad player, it's bad luck.

Btw bad beat posts are frowned upon in this forum, just to let you know, and I think that this post will be seen as one.

Nice hand

-Dead
Old 03-01-2005, 08:30 PM

I was concerned that perhaps I should have considered someone holding Ax after the 4c hit the turn. Expect bad beats but am still unsure of my game.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:35 PM

Oh yes your river play was bad imo.

I just call the river with the open-ended 4 straight on board. I think you have to call after Dealer raises it. I didn't calculate the pot size but I'm sure you can make an +EV call here.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was concerned that perhaps I should have considered someone holding Ax after the 4c hit the turn. Expect bad beats but am still unsure of my game.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is to see if I'm getting it:

Dude, even if you knew 100% that Villan was holding either an ace or a five (or even both) on the turn, you should have at least called this down, since you had 10 outs (one king and three each of deuce, trey and four) to a hand that beat a straight. If all he had was the ace OR the five, you've betting for HUGE value since he's betting to 4 outs, you're betting to ALL THE REST.

Nice call down on the river. Tough luck. [Edit: didn't notice you'd raised the river...just call it down.]
Old 03-01-2005, 08:43 PM

Pot was too big and my hand was too strong to consider folding. Just wondered at what point I should have just called or was I correct in being aggressive. Appreciate the comments.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:43 PM

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: SuperHero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SuperHero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">SuperHero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">SuperHero caps</font>, CO calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (13.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SuperHero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls $4.50 (All-In), <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SuperHero caps</font>, CO calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (26.62 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, SuperHero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, SuperHero folds, CO calls.

Final Pot: 33.62 BB

Feel better now?

Brad