Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 10-10-2004, 05:47 PM

Default learnig pl omaha

i have been playing pot limit no limit holdem for a while now and am making the move to pl omaha. i know when someone new comes to the nl/pl holdem forum most people recommend they look back through the arcives and read ray zee, matt flynn, el diablo, limon, turnipmonter and so forth. which omaha posters do you guys recomend i look up. who are the experts or at least insightful
Old 10-10-2004, 09:24 PM

Default Re: learnig pl omaha

I'd recommend reading Omaha Holdem Poker by ciaffone , Pot limit no limit poker by Reuben/Ciaffone, and How Good is your pot-limit omaha? by Reuben. As far as posters go crockpot and Big Dave D both have websites that are pretty good. I think crockpot's is www.winningonlinepoker.com and I can't seem to remember what Big Dave D's is so hopefully he'll be kind enough to post it.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:47 AM

For a total beginner, just go all the way back to the inception of this forum, and there were plenty of elementary strategy posts.

After learning the complete basics, you probably want to turn to someone like Acesover8's or Crockpot, who will teach you how to be cautious and sit back and take advantage of other people's mistakes.

Then if you get bored by that, and you start getting the feeling that you're leaving some money on the table... Well, at that point you have to sift through all the crap and figure out what's right for yourself. Generally I'd say you trust the people who regularly beat the biggest games, but they tend to be sporadic posters -- and when they do post, they often don't give very clear advice.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2004, 03:17 AM

as much as i agree with this post, i'd hate to be typecast as a weak-tight player/advice-giver. there's an essay on my website on advanced PLO strategy, covering topics like bluffing, implied odds, types of opponents, and such.

but you should get the basics of the game down cold before you move on to stuff like that.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:22 PM

I don't really mean to suggest that you are weak-tight, crock, just that your advice is reasonably careful, and traditional reason will only take you so far in this game!

Acesover8's, on the other hand, really IS weak-tight, but his style of advice would still probably be very helpful for a beginner.
Old 10-16-2004, 06:25 PM

You said to go search the inception of this forum...

Well, I went through the older archives, then the newer archives, and found nothing, saying it was a new forum. Also, the main page only has recent posts. How do I find the posts that you are talking about?
Old 10-16-2004, 07:14 PM

Default Dave D\'s website

Lot's of PLO...but not a place to start...crockpots one mentioned above is much better for that. Also be sure to check out the comments as they often explore the topics more fully than my poor attempts :-)

Unless Pete F posts in which case he just says something like "that was sh*t" or the like :-D

http://internetpokerpro.blogspot.com/
Old 10-16-2004, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Dave D\'s website

Does your site have an RSS feed?
Old 10-16-2004, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Dave D\'s website

Phat I think uve asked me this b4...its that atom stuff that blogger does as standard...its at:

http://internetpokerpro.blogspot.com/atom.xml

Dunno what this means...hope it helps!!!

dd
Old 10-18-2004, 04:32 AM

Default crockpot ur site is tight

good job, i just added plomaha to my arsenal and enjoyed ur site!!!