Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2004, 01:31 AM

Default Re: Another 2p2 table hand

[ QUOTE ]
To answer your question Bobbo, I was playing loose preflop with suited connectors and other various suited cards to take stabs at stealing the blinds and the whatnot.

Someone mentioned earlier that the game was playing much like a $400 buy in NL game, and I have to agree. It was rare to see more than 2 players to a flop, assuming a flop was coming.

I took advantage of that by making most of my money preflop. I need work on my postflop game though, as the betting got big once the board cards came around, and I played a little too scared.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you deuces [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

That explains how UTG+2 could put you on a 7. In a typical game, however, unless UTG is incredibly LAGgy, the river bet which-smells-like-trips doesn't make sense, (and for reiteration purposes) would just confuse me. Generally when I'm confused by a bet on the river it = bluff, but in this case, with the 9s which you got to lay down, (thus a nice bluff) I might be thinking you're bluffing with a better hand...

Anyways, thank you for filling me up on your table image, that changes the complexion of the hand for me! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]