Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2004, 04:41 AM

Default In Too Deep?

$50 NL Party, 100/200 blinds, 7 remaining, relevant stacks:
UTG+1(120)
Hero-MP1(2660)
BUTTON(1565)

1 fold, UTG+1 is all-in, Hero(3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) calls, 1 fold, BUTTON raises(400), 2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks, BUTTON bets(300), Hero raises(1165).....?
Old 09-20-2004, 04:48 AM

Default Re: In Too Deep?

I read the flop bet as button saying to me "rest easy, I can handle this." and I happily fold expecting that I'll be headsup next hand.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:56 AM

Sorry, i only put up the three chip counts that were in the hand, there were 7 remaining.

My read on the button was that he was very LAGy, his minraise preflop meant NOTHING, as this was his action EVERY time since the second level, no joke. If he was playing a hand, it was for the minraise.

I liked the flop a lot and was pretty sure I was ahead still, but I'm not sure if it would have been better to just lead out. I was almost 100% positive he would bet if I checked to him though, and I figured that a checkraise would be big enough to get him to lay down and give me the now juicy sidepot.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:50 PM

He laid down to my checkraise, I took the sidepot and my 33 was good for the main against opponents AJ. Still seems like I was investing far too many chips with 33 for the small payoff. I think I got lucky on this one, even with the BUTTONs extreme LAGy tendencies. Anyone else? Reraise all in preflop, or stop and go maybe options?
Old 09-20-2004, 08:39 PM

my only thought is that if you think he has little and is min raising for reasons unrelated to the strength of his hand why not reraise big preflop rather than give him a free shot. you have to be willing to play strongly on the flop if you are going to just call a LAG players here and it is easy to get outplayed.

Pat