Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 02:01 AM

Default maniac !

ok this guy was a maniac. Out of 98 hand i had him tracked 82% flops seen and 73% pf-raise. Obviously as you can see by my pf play i didn't give any respect to his 3bet pf. I thought the flop was perfect and i was way ahead and his $20 raise answered the little doubt that i had, therefore i 3 bet and got all my money in while i still had the best hand. I just want to know how often i can make these types of plays (mid pair) against maniacs with those stats and be ahead. Or do you think this is just horrid play on my part.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Button ($38.50)
SB ($62.72)
Hero ($46.85)
UTG ($42.50)
MP ($22.80)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.25, SB (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $2.75</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $1.25.

Flop: ($5.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
xeffeKT : bets $3
bradmus: raises $20
ALL-IN xeffeKT [ $41.10 ]
ALL-IN bradmus [ $15.75 ]

RESULTS IN WHITE BELOEW, MAKE COMMENTS BEFORE YOU LOOK.

<font color="#FFFFFF">Turn: ($5.75) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#FFFFFF">(2 players)

River: ($5.75) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#FFFFFF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FFFFFF">bradmus shows [ 9c, 5s ] three of a kind, sevens.
xeffeKT shows [ 9h, 7h ] four of a kind, sevens.
xeffeKT wins $8.35 from side pot #1 with four of a kind, sevens.
xeffeKT wins $75.25 from the main pot with four of a kind, sevens.
</font>

Final Pot: $5.75
Old 11-15-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Re: maniac !

[ QUOTE ]
ok this guy was a maniac. Out of 98 hand i had him tracked 82% flops seen and 73% pf-raise. Obviously as you can see by my pf play i didn't give any respect to his 3bet pf. I thought the flop was perfect and i was way ahead and his $20 raise answered the little doubt that i had, therefore i 3 bet and got all my money in while i still had the best hand. I just want to know how often i can make these types of plays (mid pair) against maniacs with those stats and be ahead. Or do you think this is just horrid play on my part.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Button ($38.50)
SB ($62.72)
Hero ($46.85)
UTG ($42.50)
MP ($22.80)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.25, SB (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $2.75</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $1.25.

he's supposed to be the maniac. why are we raising a sc out of the bb?

Flop: ($5.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
xeffeKT : bets $3
bradmus: raises $20
ALL-IN xeffeKT [ $41.10 ]
ALL-IN bradmus [ $15.75 ]

i probably c/c a maniac on this flop and worry about getting my money in when i have more than middle pair...

RESULTS IN WHITE BELOEW, MAKE COMMENTS BEFORE YOU LOOK.

<font color="#FFFFFF">Turn: ($5.75) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#FFFFFF">(2 players)

River: ($5.75) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#FFFFFF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FFFFFF">bradmus shows [ 9c, 5s ] three of a kind, sevens.
xeffeKT shows [ 9h, 7h ] four of a kind, sevens.
xeffeKT wins $8.35 from side pot #1 with four of a kind, sevens.
xeffeKT wins $75.25 from the main pot with four of a kind, sevens.
</font>

Final Pot: $5.75

[/ QUOTE ]