Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Archive of posts

So for part of my poker learning, I've just gone through and bookmarked every single post in the microlimit forum. I'm planning to go through them all and sort them according to starting hands or other reasons for the post (ie stat checks, general information etc).

Once sorted, I'd be happy to share them with anyone who's interested. I'm happy to share what I have now if other people want to go through them unsorted.

If anyone thinks this could be a problem (I know some sites wouldn't really appreciate it, but don't think it would be here) please tell me, since I don't want to step on anyone's toes. Another possible option is for me to write a text parser and run through all the pages, then throw it into a big searchable database with posts cross referenced and all that fun stuff. This would allow for a hard copy of the entire forum, but would entail a lot of work from me, and is something I totally wouldn't do unless 2+2 approved it specifically.

Anyway, figured I'd let all you guys know what I'm planning and see if anyone has any feedback (ideas for how to sort them would be especially helpful). If any moderators don't like this, feel free to delete the post or tell me I should stop.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Archive of posts

Firstly, that's a huge project.

Secondly, I don't really think it's worth the effort.

Thirdly, it's probably something that I would do, because I'm neurotic about those sorts of things.

Fourthly, I recommend that you don't do it.

Fifthly, I realize that you've probably already started. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Have fun, burn out your passion for the project, then start just reading the posts. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2005, 06:41 PM

Heh, I'm not starting on the database stuff or parsing right now, and probably will never get to it unless someone from 2+2 asks me to do it (even then, who knows). All I'm planning on doing right now is reading through all the posts (about 1200), and just moving them into separate bookmark folders.

Structure right now will be
Hands -> Highest Card -> Starting hand
Other ->

Will probably have some sort of section for suited connectors or other things like that. Main reason I'm doing this is so that I can easily remember what posts I've read, and to archive them for other 2+2ers (and especially beginners).
Old 02-27-2005, 07:11 PM

Oh my. So I guess all I've saved is the last 2 weeks worth of posts (about 1200), as opposed to all the posts (about 10000).

Wow, this forum has gotten a lot of action.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:57 PM

One thing that would be really helpful would be to have 5 poobahs each post five hands in which they:

1) had an overpair
2) had overcards
3) Had a PP lower than top flop card

... etc.

Just to see how they played them.