Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2003, 07:23 AM

Default A steal stolen

This is an odd hand from a few months ago that I remembered because of thinking about value betting the river in Mason's "A Pair of Fours" repost. I'm in the BB with AJo in a typically loose 20-40 game, when it atypically folds around to a tight weakish player in the cutoff, who raises after looking for a moment like he was going to just call. Both the LAG SB and myself call.

The flop is KTx. SB checks, I check to cheaply see if the SB really meant it, CO bets, SB really meant it and folds, so I call.

The turn is a blank and I check call.

The river is a blank, I check and CO bets. Well, I almost fold here before I remember this player habitually checks down top pair and even overpair hands on the river, so I call, smelling something fishy. The CO sighs out "Good call," flashing me his small pocket pair before mucking it! I bemusedly stack his chips, thinking what a strange game this can be: one man's bluff is another man's value bet. So don't forget to value bet your pairs on the river, and for god's sakes don't forget to table them when you do! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]