Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2005, 01:51 AM

Default Re: near the bubble in the party 75k; SB vs. BB

[ QUOTE ]

If I haven't messed with his blind, I'm absolutely raising with AT heads up. I'll raise it 4x BB and see what happens. With your limp, a LAG player could be raising with just about any two cards and I think you should expect it. (He should have done more than a min raise, but that kind of follows your read that he's not that great a player.)
So raise big preflop. If he reraises you, I probably call and check raise the flop. If he calls that or reraises, I think you're done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that i think about it, this hand would have been simpler if i had just raised preflop. with ~25BB each, there is still some play after the flop, with room for a c-bet if i miss.

if he reraises preflop i would fold. Im not playing for essentially my whole stack oop with ATo, when i have great chip position already.

If the guy was really lag preflop, this would be a perfect limp reraise spot.

I didn't really want to play a raised pot oop against a guy who may have any two cards, and might not drop a weak made hand/draw to a continuation bet. I suppose this is a weak justification for not raising preflop.