Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2004, 10:53 PM

Default Did I Play This Right?

This was a pretty loose table. Made me think the scary board might have hit someone hard.

Absolute Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds, SB calls.

River: (13 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets $0.05 (All-In)</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 13.20 BB
Old 08-05-2004, 11:02 PM

Default Re: Did I Play This Right?

I might be way off here, but I think you can raise the turn and fold to a three bet. The raise might knock out the SB, which is important if you have the best hand and can get him to fold a gutshot. Also you can check behind on the river against MP1 if he checks to you on the last street.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:11 PM

Default Re: Did I Play This Right?

At the point that you fold, MP1 has exactly $.05 left in his stack. SB has not given the hand any action at all. With MP1's short stack, cap the flop to get it heads up or to create a side pot. Raise the turn.

Folding when the 6 falls is extreme monsters under the bed thinking.