Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Chicagoland card rooms?

Are there any good river boats in Chicagoland that have hold 'em? If so, what stakes? Thanks in advance for any info

whodatdare
Old 11-28-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Chicagoland card rooms?

Check your original post in the "Small Stakes Holdem" forum. I wrote a lengthy reply to that post.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:35 PM

I read the above posters answer in the other forum, and can expand with recent knowledge about Trump.We’ve been there 3 times in the past 6 weeks, with the most recent visit being just this past weekend. They are open 24 hours, you can still call ahead to get your name on the list (they will hold your name on the list for one hour from the time of your phone call). The current comp rate is .50 per hour, AND another great perk for us (we drive about 2 hours to get there from southwest Michigan) is that after 3 hours of play they give you the poker rate for the hotel. Rack rate on weekends is $109 and poker rate is $40. And this rate includes a decent breakfast. I love the place—very friendly, efficiently run room. The only problem with this room is the chips—they are filthy. I mean really gross. At one point Saturday, a guy rolled his bet out—six chips all stuck together in one little pile and the whole pile rolled as one piece across the table. It was hilarious, but really disgusting if you let yourself think about it.

Now, all of the above could change at anytime, because the boat was just purchased by the people who own the Majestic riverboat, which shares the same dock with Trump. I can’t remember the name of the people who bought it, but they also own Fitzgerald’s in Las Vegas.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:19 PM

Also forgot to mention in my post on the Small Stakes forum that most, if not all, of the limit hold'em games at the Trump are kill or half-kill games, while the poker room at Hollywood never offers kill or half-kill games.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:43 PM

will do, and thank you, again, for the info.

whodatdare