Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2005, 12:15 PM

Default Re: Most anticipated video games of 2005

I like the GTA games, but I have never even completed 50% of one of them. They seem to get old. Fast.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate the idea that I might have to buy a whole gamecube just to play Resident evil 4.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but you can also play Zelda and of course MarioKart. Either one alone is enough to buy the system. Get Pikmin 2 too.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:29 PM

2005 is going to be kind of a let down after the plethora of great games that came out in 04. But I think you guys have narrowed down the list to a few of the top prospects.

GT 4
The new Zelda (is it really coming this year?)
The new FF (really.. this year? Awesome!)

And for some people.. Kingdom Hearts 2.

Beyond those games, it's going to be a pretty damn slow year for the game industry as a whole. There should be a lot of news about the next gen. consoles in a few months though. That should prove to be the most interesting thing to "come out" about gaming in 05.

It's a good thing that 04 was so busy. I will still be trying to finish all the great 04 games by the time 06 rolls around.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:38 PM

I think there's going to be a lotta hoopla about the handheld games - the Nintendo DS just came out and Sony's PSP is coming out soon, no? I remember when the Game Gear was out - I had one, but I think the PSP is going to offer up real competition this time and Nintendo may be in trouble soon.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think there's going to be a lotta hoopla about the handheld games - the Nintendo DS just came out and Sony's PSP is coming out soon, no? I remember when the Game Gear was out - I had one, but I think the PSP is going to offer up real competition this time and Nintendo may be in trouble soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great point. I forgot about the whole DS vs PSP thing.
I've been hearing that the PSP has some of the same problems the old Game Gear had. You know what I mean if you've owned one.

6 batteries and 2 hours of gaming.
After that, the batteries are dead.

I don't know if this is actually true about the PSP. I'm unsure of the number of batteries it requires. It may only be 4 batteries.
Still, I've heard a lot of people talking about the PSP's short battery life.

I guess we shall see in the near future. Here's hoping that it fares better than the Game Gear in the battery department.

I'm sure it will sell better than the Game Gear. Sony has a whole mess of companies developing games for PSP. Sega certainly did not have as much dev. support as Sony does these days.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wait til my "Slaughter the 5 Year Olds" hand held game comes out in 2006. Nintendo ain't got nothing on me.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I am on the fence about this game. I am sure it will be a great game, but I don't know if I'll have the time for this game.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I am on the fence about this game. I am sure it will be a great game, but I don't know if I'll have the time for this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too much work to do in OOT, huh?
Old 01-20-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am on the fence about this game. I am sure it will be a great game, but I don't know if I'll have the time for this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know what you mean.

For me, between poker and trying to play all the great games from 04, I don't really have very much time for some of the "marginal" games that will be coming out. I have to stick to the top notch titles.

Who knows, maybe KH2 will be one of them?
I'll wait for the reviews.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:56 PM

The batteries were a pain in the as in the Game Gear. I remember the thing being just huge, at least when I was a small kid (I was in 6th grade when I saved up for [censored] ever to buy it - and then my sister got one for Christmas a month or two later). Then you could buy an external battery pack that plugged into it. The battery pack was damn near bigger than the Game Gear itself was. Still though, the system was great - I don't know how many hours I spent playing Mortal Kombat and Rad Racer.

The real key to a dominating system is the games. Sony and Microsoft understand this and are very agressive in getting their exclusive games and it's exactly how the PlayStation has gotten to be what it is. It's exactly why Sega failed and why I see Nintendo going down the drain now that they're going to have real competition in their now core area of handhelds, although I think they'll always have the young kid niche. I wish Nintendo would buck up and compete for more GTA, GT, Mercenaries type games. I'm pissed they don't have the latest Star Wars game - what the [censored] is that? Nintendo usually got all the Star Wars games.