Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Falcons @ Bears: Opportunity Knocks

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Slight hijack, but what do you set the over/under on the ESPN crew mentioning how cold it is in Chicago at night?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to see them covered in blankets again like they were last week in Green Bay... maybe Theismann's lips will fall off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hoping Maguire developed frostbite and gangrene within the course of those 3 hours.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:55 AM

NY Times article on warm weather and/or dome teams playing in cold weather away games: Link.

[ QUOTE ]
Since 1998 and through Week 14, there have been 262 games in which a team that plays in a warmer climate or indoors has gone on the road to play a cold-weather team outdoors after Oct. 31.

In those games, including the playoffs, the cold-weather home teams won 67 percent of the time (174-87-1). That is significantly better than the standard N.F.L. home-field advantage, in which home teams win about 58 percent of the time. . .

This issue is even more severe for the six teams that play their home games indoors: Indianapolis, Detroit, Minnesota, St. Louis, New Orleans and Atlanta.

Since 2000, dome teams are 15-41 when the temperature at the start of the game is 50 degrees or lower, and 2-13 when the temperature is freezing or below.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just another reason I like the Bears -3, and the main reason I shouldn't have bet on Tampa this week.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:55 AM

Varlos,

I researched that article. Atlanta is 1-2 where it's below freezing and 2-4 when it's below 50.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:54 PM

This game is now widely available @ 3.5 (after moving down during the week) at:
Cris: -110
VIP: -110
Holly: -107

Pound it.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bold prediction: Atlanta takes a 7-0 halftime lead, but Grossman comes out to start the 2nd half, and Chicago rallies for a 17-7 win. Much unwarranted Super Bowl talk ensues.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grossman!
Old 12-18-2005, 11:57 PM

why does Paul Maguire always have to ruin a good game. Just suck Urlacher's c**k already you zero.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:23 AM

Someone has to explain two things to me:

(1) the failure to reverse the "interception" -- the receiver had possession and clearly was down ... and the TV crew does not know what they are taling about; and

(2) the 4th down handoff to Duckett, after the same play lost 1 yard (oh and you have Vick back there who could run for it himself).
Old 12-19-2005, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone has to explain two things to me:

(1) the failure to reverse the "interception" -- the receiver had possession and clearly was down ... and the TV crew does not know what they are taling about; and

(2) the 4th down handoff to Duckett, after the same play lost 1 yard (oh and you have Vick back there who could run for it himself).

[/ QUOTE ]

This game is by far the low point in Jim Mora's coaching career (and I blame Mora not Knapp). They started with a conservative attitude and refused to allow their players to do what they do best. The decision to Duckett was just an illustration of how illprepared and intimidated the Falcons were coached tonight. The Jenkins call was atrocious and I have no explanation for it. They will not and do not deserve to go to the playoffs.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:29 AM

Add question 3 -- 4th and 1 with 3 left and you throw a bomb?

This is why I swore never to bet on the Falcons. Why I continue to violate the prime directive is a mystery.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:31 AM

haha thankyou toast, its people like you that help me make money. i pounded the bears and i pounded the bears preseason to win the north at 10:1. looks like that cool 10k will come in handy for my gf's birthday.