Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 08:44 PM

Default Fish used to play weekends, now they must have lives - or went broke?

(warning: low content whine)

The weekends used to be the big money days. Now, it's a multi-table tagfest for guys who live poker 24/7 and have no life, like myself.

I realise it's the summer and the fish want to get drunk, have fun and enjoy the weather, but what the hell happened to squeezing some poker in there and dropping a few thousand? I have several hundred names on my buddy list, less than 10 are illuminated right now. What is going on? Have they all gone broke in the 30?

Is this just summer, or a sign of things to come? I don't remember the 15/30 being this bad last summer.

Nigel
Old 08-07-2005, 12:28 PM

Default Re: Fish used to play weekends, now they must have lives - or went bro

15/30 is a different world now, no comparison to last summer is possible. I agree though, more hit or miss on the weekends at all levels.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Fish used to play weekends, now they must have lives - or went bro

Ah, sorry, that was confusing the way I wrote it. I was referring to the 30/60 in my post, referenced the 15 since that was the "big game" for Party last summer before the 30 opened up.

I'm thinking the weekends might be a good time to take up a new game. NL perhaps, or Omaha, although perhaps the drought exists there as well.

Fortunately, I actually had a decent day yesterday, but table VPIP's were in the low 20's everywhere and they were falling apart every 2 seconds with almost zero super-fish playing.

Really hope that it's just a summer thing.

Nigel