Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 11:08 PM

Default WSOP 2nd chance tournies

Anyone play in these yet? I'm thinking of trying tonite, but was just wondering a few of the basics... like how long do they usually go (until in the money, and overall), and what is the level of play compared to a regular WSOP event?

any info appreciated... and if anyone's playing in the thing tonite i'll see ya there.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:11 PM

Default Re: WSOP 2nd chance tournies

225 entry, 1k chips starts at 25/25 then 25/50 etc. 30 min first level 20 min thereafter. really fast structure.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:13 PM

OK, yeah, i looked at the sheets... it seemed like it'd be fast, but i'm bad at estimating how long those things will go based on the structure alone... how many people do they usually draw?

also, have you played in any of them yet? if so, how's the level of play? in the sat's there it seemed that most people were overly tight when the blinds started getting up there, and it was pretty easy to build up a decent stack unless you happen to run into a huge hand.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:17 PM

All-in luck fest very quickly, like the single-table sats. If you play the cash games, stick with that.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, yeah, i looked at the sheets... it seemed like it'd be fast, but i'm bad at estimating how long those things will go based on the structure alone... how many people do they usually draw?

also, have you played in any of them yet? if so, how's the level of play? in the sat's there it seemed that most people were overly tight when the blinds started getting up there, and it was pretty easy to build up a decent stack unless you happen to run into a huge hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went from 4k to 1k to 4k in a round at the 100/200 level. As long as you get a chance to double in the first hour you'll do alright. I may play tonight, I'll be wearing an orange Illini shirt if I do [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2005, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All-in luck fest very quickly

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, yeah, there's tons of luck, but it seemed that the single-sats were still easy to have +EV b/c people seemed to not raise or call nearly enough when the blinds got very large.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I went from 4k to 1k to 4k in a round at the 100/200 level. As long as you get a chance to double in the first hour you'll do alright. I may play tonight, I'll be wearing an orange Illini shirt if I do

[/ QUOTE ]

well, it sounds like fun... i think i'll have to at least try it out tonite. i'll probably just be wearing shorts and an undershirt, so nothing as noticable as an orange illini shirt...but i'll be looking around for one tonite.

also, do they cap the entries, or if i got there at 11 would i be fine?
Old 06-14-2005, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I went from 4k to 1k to 4k in a round at the 100/200 level. As long as you get a chance to double in the first hour you'll do alright. I may play tonight, I'll be wearing an orange Illini shirt if I do

[/ QUOTE ]

well, it sounds like fun... i think i'll have to at least try it out tonite. i'll probably just be wearing shorts and an undershirt, so nothing as noticable as an orange illini shirt...but i'll be looking around for one tonite.

also, do they cap the entries, or if i got there at 11 would i be fine?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am unaware of any cap. There generally has been nice line though, so get there a little early if you want to play the first full round. They accept people the whole first half hour.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:51 AM

well, I busted 90 min in, if you looked. I however was down to one solitary green chip ten minutes in, so it sucked all that much more. QQ vs Ks5s on a QcJs4s5h board doesn't hold up like it used to.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:27 AM

I played one and finished 7th. The structure was terrible, it was just an allin luckfest after the first hour. I managed to win with 48o against A8 and with 5s8s against KQ, so I got to the final table. At this point blinds were 2000/4000 with a 1000 ante, and everyone had about 30K in chips. In other words it was costing you 16000 a round, so everyone had less than two rounds. I was hoping the complete randomness would end up in my favor and I would win the first place of 14K, but unfortunately I couldn't win as a huge dog again and had to settle for 7th. My advice would be, don't play. Terrible structure.