Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Repercussions for blatant disconnect cheats?

It has been a very long time since I have had anyone use a disconnect against me in a hand, and it has happened so infrequently that I have never done anything when it has happened.

My question is this, does Party do anything to these guys that do this? For example, guy flops set of Aces in enormous multi-way pot, turn makes flush and a straight and it comes to him 4 bets cold. He decides he doesn't want to call the 4 bets so he times out. Clearly with him having top set this is a blatant cheat. Do they refund the winner of this pot the 4+BB's that the AA guy avoided paying?

I'm probably dreaming here, but I figure since they will freeze money from people's accounts for all sorts of reasons that they might give you money back when someone tries to cheat you out of it by timing out. On a side note, I had also heard this week that they were refunding money from hands lost to PE users! Anyone else hear this?

Thanks,

Nigel
Old 07-19-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Repercussions for blatant disconnect cheats?

[ QUOTE ]
It has been a very long time since I have had anyone use a disconnect against me in a hand, and it has happened so infrequently that I have never done anything when it has happened.

My question is this, does Party do anything to these guys that do this? For example, guy flops set of Aces in enormous multi-way pot, turn makes flush and a straight and it comes to him 4 bets cold. He decides he doesn't want to call the 4 bets so he times out. Clearly with him having top set this is a blatant cheat. Do they refund the winner of this pot the 4+BB's that the AA guy avoided paying?

I'm probably dreaming here, but I figure since they will freeze money from people's accounts for all sorts of reasons that they might give you money back when someone tries to cheat you out of it by timing out. On a side note, I had also heard this week that they were refunding money from hands lost to PE users! Anyone else hear this?

Thanks,

Nigel

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the disconnecter is only entitled to that portion of the pot for which he called, or raised, not bets that he didn't call, so the four big bets that the disconnecter didn't call would not go to the disconnecter. And as far as I know, the only repercussions are that they lose their dp's for a set amount of time.Which, considering how much I've had to use dp's lately because of the "one table constantly disconnecting" bug, would actually be a pretty big punishment.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:46 PM

One repercussion is that he is losing ev considering he has 10 outs still to make the best hand in a big multi-way pot where he is almost guaranteed more action on the river.

But technicalities aside...
Old 07-19-2005, 05:53 PM

Yeah, but getting disconnected pre-flop in the small blind with AA is clearly different than the hypothetical situation I described.

I've been disconnected a ton due to the party server srewyness as well and I don't think one has ever even been in a situation that would make it appear anything other than what it was. Blatant disconnects are so obvious and it would take a rather large coincidence for a truly accidental disconnect to occur at one of these times.

Unfortunately, the average Party support person would not be able to differentiate between the above examples.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but getting disconnected pre-flop in the small blind with AA is clearly different than the hypothetical situation I described.

I've been disconnected a ton due to the party server srewyness as well and I don't think one has ever even been in a situation that would make it appear anything other than what it was. Blatant disconnects are so obvious and it would take a rather large coincidence for a truly accidental disconnect to occur at one of these times.

Unfortunately, the average Party support person would not be able to differentiate between the above examples.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, you misunderstood me. I meant Party will take away the dp's of those who abuse them (I've gotten them taken away from a couple of people myself). They're actually pretty good at it, its not just the average "party support person," if you email them at abuse@partypoker.com, they look for a pattern, and if they find it they will take away the person's dp's. It only takes a couple of suspicious dp's i think for them to notice a pattern, and they say they look for things like disconnecting when facing a large raise, etc. etc.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:11 PM

Jman,

Do you know if that address is valid for all skins? Also, do they credit you the uncalled money if they find that cheating occurred?

I mean, clearly, the person disconnecting wanted to see a showdown and would have gladly taken the pot if they had the winning hand or improved to the winning hand. Going to to showdown costs money and since they saw the showdown but managed to avoid paying the money, it doesn't seem too much of a stretch for support to confiscate the appropriate number of bets from their account.

Thanks,

Nigel
Old 07-19-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jman,

Do you know if that address is valid for all skins? Also, do they credit you the uncalled money if they find that cheating occurred?

I mean, clearly, the person disconnecting wanted to see a showdown and would have gladly taken the pot if they had the winning hand or improved to the winning hand. Going to to showdown costs money and since they saw the showdown but managed to avoid paying the money, it doesn't seem too much of a stretch for support to confiscate the appropriate number of bets from their account.

Thanks,

Nigel

[/ QUOTE ]

Uncalled money goes back to you automatically. Thats the way disconnects work, they don't enable the cheater to win the entire pot, just that part that he contested, And each of the sites have some sort of security email, and even if you just send it to customer support, they will usually know to forward it on to their security department.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you email them at abuse@partypoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]

if they don't answer, email alerts@partypoker.com

i usually get answers in 30 minutes from alerts addy
Old 07-19-2005, 06:55 PM

Ok, emailing. We'll see how this goes.

Thanks guys.