Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 09:56 PM

Default When do you ever get your stack in with AA KK post flop?

I'm finding it very hard to let these bad boys go. Seems to me that whenever I get all my chips in post flop I lose to a set.

What conditions have to be met to get your stack in following a standard raise and call?
Old 10-20-2005, 09:58 PM

Default Re: When do you ever get your stack in with AA KK post flop?

I can think of tons of situations where I do this and am confident that I'm not up against a set. When you're in a situation where TPTK could easily pay you off and 2 pair is unlikely, I generally get my money in.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:58 PM

Any time I think its +EV to do so.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any time I think its +EV to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm putting this line in my bag of tricks for the next time I want to say something that sounds profound but doesnt really answer the question.

NH [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2005, 10:12 PM

Its an unanswerable question. I'm not trying to be a smartass; I'm telling the truth. If I think its a good idea after considering my opponents' ranges of hands, stack sizes, pot odds, etc., I'll do it. If not, I won't. Thre's no cut and dried answer; there aren't even any guidelines of the sort you can use to discuss preflop situations as the scope of the question is too wide.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:19 PM

Yeah i just love the way it sounds.

Not being sarcastic at all - I very much respect your posts.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:21 PM

example: standard preflop raise, 2 callers, draw heavyboard, you don't want the mofos to outdraw you so you bet sig amount of pot, 1 fold, 1 caller, turn looks innocent enough, bet again,

called here, OOP sig pot, a check looks weak, a bet more or less makes any reraise a call by you.

raised here!! probably down to reads you will all say.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:16 AM

Whenever there is lots of action preflop, indicating that villain also hold a high pocket pair, and the flop comes all rags. I just shove it in, knowing he will do his donktastic call with his "unbeatable" overpair.

also, if i raise with AA or KK and get one caller. flop comes something like 233, 466, 544 or any other low, paired board.
I know that if i get action, it might aswell be from 77, 88, 99, TT. or a fish hitting the sidecard, trying to run my "missed AK" down.
You cant even imagine how willing ppl are to get their stack in with a low overpair. This is very read dependant though.
The common loose aggressive donk at ladbrokes just looooove to spew chips without the case trips in situations like this.

Another case is when there is somewhat big action preflop and the flop comes K high and i hold AA. Well, he holding AK is just to likely for me to ever slow down.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:02 AM

One thing I look at is if 2 high cards fell or only 1. If the flop is K,2,7 then I am gonna be agressive. AK and KQ pay you off, and these are typical "call the raise pre flop" hands. If it is K,Q,6 then I am gonna thinking about the possiblity that the person has KQ if they start going crazy with the bets. This is even more true when there are multiple people in the hand, heads up I am much less likley to get away from my hand. I also look at stacks. If an all-in bet comes from someone that has doubled up and you have doubled up yourself you have to ask if he would risk 200BB on top pair. If it comes from a smaller stack looking to double up I am much more likley to get my chips in.

Lastly I usually dont move in on the flop unless I got a lot of money in pre flop... I have no idea if this is good or not. I will overbet the pot and make decisions from there.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:35 PM

i hope your not gettin your 100$ stack in on the flop when theres only like 10$ in the pot.

just be careful of people who arent maniac's who are willing to give you all the action you want in the world. (they probably have 1 pair beat)