Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-30-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Re: What to do with a Child who plays SNG\'s?

[ QUOTE ]
Holy thread bump batman!! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, I found this thread from an unrelated search and didn't think to check the date. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Update

Since you guys bumped it...

What is the main issue with people that disagree? Is it the fact that the kid is playing cards, playing online, or playing with real money?

I learned to play cards at a very early age. My family were all big card players and I learned many different games when I was younger than this. My friends' parents played cards, too, and we all played together.

My friends and I used to play for money all the way through middle and high school and never had any issues. I never had any problems and was a multi sport athlete and had many interests outside cards.

Would you feel differently if the kid were playing in home games with the parent? I'm just wondering if most of you have a problem because he's playing on the internet.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:56 PM

I started to write a very critical post, then remembered that we had a $5 Christmas buyin tournament that my 8 year old pwned everyone in (including me), so I guess I can't toss stones from my glass house.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I started to write a very critical post, then remembered that we had a $5 Christmas buyin tournament that my 8 year old pwned everyone in (including me), so I guess I can't toss stones from my glass house.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's *awesome*.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Re: What to do with a Child who plays SNG\'s?

I have to agree with your wife. IMO, a 9 tear old is not mature enough to deal with the addictive aspect of poker (many adults are not able to). If you read this forum you'll notice that many people spend a lot of time playing not a lot of time socializing. Your son needs to play with other kids, play sports, instruments, take advantage of all of the opportunities he can while he is growing up.

If you still don't agree, I am sure it is ILLEGAL for a minor to gamble, and if you set up the account, you might get screwed. You know what's right and wrong, otherwise you would not have posted this question...