Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 05-31-2005, 04:00 AM

Default Quick PF quaestion

You are in the BB.
UTG raise to 4xBB.
4 calls, including SB.

It's 3xBB to you for 21xBB. Basically 7:1 pot odds plus you are going to have position on the field post-flop (PF raiser on your right.)

What is worth a call here and what's not?

-Happy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2005, 04:23 AM

Default Re: Quick PF quaestion

[ QUOTE ]
you are going to have position on the field post-flop (PF raiser on your right.)

What is worth a call here and what's not?-Happy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

bad case of vertigo bro? you are in the BB. the PF raiser is to your LEFT, not your right. You will be OOP with respect to the entire field, except the SB.

as far as to what hands to call with here - it is very stack-size dependant.

from the tone of your post, it seems as if you are approaching this situation from a limit point of view (i.e. 3BB to call; pot=21BB.) IMO: the importance of your opponent's stack sizes >>> importance of #BB's in the pot
Old 06-01-2005, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you are going to have position on the field post-flop (PF raiser on your right.)

What is worth a call here and what's not?-Happy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

bad case of vertigo bro? you are in the BB. the PF raiser is to your LEFT, not your right. You will be OOP with respect to the entire field, except the SB.

as far as to what hands to call with here - it is very stack-size dependant.

from the tone of your post, it seems as if you are approaching this situation from a limit point of view (i.e. 3BB to call; pot=21BB.) IMO: the importance of your opponent's stack sizes >>> importance of #BB's in the pot

[/ QUOTE ]

Oups, on your LEFT, you are correct. But what I mean by having position on the field is that you check to the raiser and then see everyone's action before it gets back to you.

It was a 50$ max NL on stars. I had 280$ and couple stack in the 50-100 range were in. Plus one guy had me covered whit 300$+. He was actually the 1 caller in UTG+1.

Is it worth playing to try and flop some longshot monster.

-Happy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2005, 12:49 AM

Any suited connector, any pair, maybe any connector, suited one gappers.

The thing is, your position is actually excellent because you can let the PF raiser make a continuation bet (raising UTG he probably has a pretty strong hand, and will certainly bet AA/KK/QQ/JJ on most flops), then see what everyone else does.

That way if you flop a nice flop, you can get tons of dead money in for when you check/push.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:12 AM

I had J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and quickly mucked

Board ended up J42J3

The one bigger stack then me busted two people whit 22 vs AA and AJ. Plus the action was'nt fearse on the flop so I know I whould have been around for the turn and hit my nut boat.

I know this sound pretty result oriented but, I had the potential to double up trought the bigger stack plus bust 2x100$ (more or less) stacks. Basically a potential 760$ pot for calling 3$ more preflop.

J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is a total crap, I know that. But facing that partilar situation whit deep stacks, do you think my PF fold was right?

-Happy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]