Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2004, 06:01 PM

Default Where\'s your wallet and how much is in it

Hi,

Couldn't decide where to post this so I thought here was as good as it gets because we all see it here in SS. I was in an ultra loose game the other day and shared the session results with a friend. My friend brought up a very valid point when I mentioned I was down about 30 BB at one point and I was okay with that because I knew it was coming back to me. My friend correctly pointed out that when games become wild, they do not tend to stay that way and you can be burned pretty badly in one or two sessions of ultra loose players at the tables. I thought back and remember what fun it was to be that far in the game and have the game become tight and watching my chips walk off to the cage.

I did some thinking about this and came up with some thoughts. It does make a difference who the very loose player(s) are. I would not be too willing pump every pot holding good cards against a three loose players who only had 12 - 15 BB each on them, and obviously do not know how to play. I think I am fortunate in knowing that two of the three ultra loose players are willing to drop up to 50 BB a day before they quit because their 'luck' is so bad.

So this was/is okay for me, but it leads to another question. Since many of you play online, do you get great play online like this over a period of time with the same players or is it more a one time hit and run?