Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 02:01 AM

Default KTs in a huge pot

This table had a vpip of 40 and a pfr of about 5, so I figured I'd be okay to limp here. Should I have folded when it was 2 back to me preflop?

reads: MP2 is 18/7/2, MP3 is 58/12/1.2, BB is 47/9/1.3

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (15 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (24.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 28.50 BB
Old 12-19-2005, 02:24 AM

Default Re: KTs in a huge pot

Hm. Preflop's a toughie. SOP is to tighten up a good bit when its two back to you, but we're going to be 5 to the flop in a big pot with a decent multiway hand. I'll defer to the field here.

I'm capping the turn, however, and probably raising the river. I'm rather confident that we have the best hand (there's only two Ts and two Ks out there, a set's going to be pretty rate), and SB could have a busted draw and not overcall. Then again I play two pair almost as aggro as a set so don't mind me.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hm. Preflop's a toughie. SOP is to tighten up a good bit when its two back to you, but we're going to be 5 to the flop in a big pot with a decent multiway hand. I'll defer to the field here.

I'm capping the turn, however, and probably raising the river. I'm rather confident that we have the best hand (there's only two Ts and two Ks out there, a set's going to be pretty rate), and SB could have a busted draw and not overcall. Then again I play two pair almost as aggro as a set so don't mind me.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about QJ?
Old 12-19-2005, 02:42 AM

With 5 players in, a decent suited K isn't bad. Flop kinda put you in a bad position, though.

Pretty scary when MP2 comes back from the dead for the turn 3-bet, too. Out of the whole probable range for both villains I'd only be afraid of the unlikely remaining KK/TT, but the way they're both playing it's hard to figure out (BB just calls the flop, then leads the turn, then just calls the turn 3-bet but leads the river??).

Your hand just might be good here. River raise for value wouldn't suck.

(Edit: that's the last time I use "quick reply." It assumes I'm replying to the last post, which I am not.)
Old 12-19-2005, 02:46 AM

With MP2 numbers I would be wary of. I think the preflop call is fine given the size of what the pot is. Good hand.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What about QJ?

[/ QUOTE ]
MP2's certainly not raising QJ preflop. BB is unlikely to be smart enough to 3-bet QJs for value, and don't you think he (or SB, the wild card here) would cap the turn with the nuts and three willing callers?