FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 7 vs. 10
Jerry Remy 24 25.81%
Dan Dierdorf 69 74.19%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2005, 05:25 PM

Default Re: New Partymine sugesstions

[ QUOTE ]
Elaborate a little more on the needs of the hand history move. Is it sufficient to have a button for when you are done mining? It would shutdown tables and move hhf files to some specified directory.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would work fine for me. The only reason I was copying the hhf files was because I did not have PT installed. I was copying the hand histories to import later. However, due to the sheer volume of data that I get when mining, I would like to continue this. It's nice to be able to mine extensively on one or more XP user accounts while using my main account for my normal web surfing, homework, etc. I have Party installed in 2 different directories so that I can mine 3/6 full with one and 1/2 6-max with one and keep the .hhf files separate for importing into separate databases. I mine one limit per XP account. I imagine it should be easy to use your program once per XP account to keep the mining separate.

As for what type of mining I will be doing... I plan to mine every game of at least one limit at a time, probably 2 limits (counting 6-max separately). As of last night, this was about 115 tables. Obviously this number fluxuates as tables open and close. I will leave my computer running and mining more often than not. I won't mine while playing. If I do, it will be limited scale, using a separate XP account and a separate installation of Party, so there shouldn't be any conflicts there.

Looking forward to the release [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2005, 06:21 PM

I totally agree. Mining while playing is insane and it should be the least of the developer's worries at this point. I think the focus should be on getting a working version up and running that can mine multiple limits across multiple party clients.

In the long term, I'd like to see a couple minor features added like auto login for users with multiple party accounts.

Couple Qs:

1. Anyone have any ideas for reducing the amount of memory Party Poker uses?

2. Anyone tested the multiple client trick w/ the beta client?

3. Anyone tested Party Mine with the beta client(to check if there are changes that will require new coding)?
Old 11-29-2005, 09:30 PM

You can use the same trick of hitting the icon in rapid succession with the new beta version, it still works. And partymine does work with beta version as well. Just have to tell it where to look.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:07 PM

Mining while playing is insane

Huh? This is how I do table selection. Use PartyMine to pop open 10 tables, let them, PokerTracker, and PokerAce stew while I go make a sandwhich or whatever, then join waiting lists on the tables that look good. And I occasioanlly check the 6-7 tables I'm not playing to potentially replace one of the 3-4 that I am.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mining while playing is insane

Huh? This is how I do table selection. Use PartyMine to pop open 10 tables, let them, PokerTracker, and PokerAce stew while I go make a sandwhich or whatever, then join waiting lists on the tables that look good. And I occasioanlly check the 6-7 tables I'm not playing to potentially replace one of the 3-4 that I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a difference between mining 10 tables and mining 70.

I doubt you have tried the latter yet. Do so, and then come back and re-read.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:53 AM

When is this coming out?
Old 11-30-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt you have tried the latter yet. Do so, and then come back and re-read.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would I need to do the latter to want the former to work better? Is it OK with you if I have different priorities than you do on various features of a product?

It would be nice and all, but I don't care too much about mining 70 tables. I care alot about annoying dialog boxes, smoother mining+playing intergration, and maximizing my table selection capabilites. If PAHUD can't handle 70 tables then simply don't run PAHUD or don't mine 70 tables with PAHUD up. I personally actually only need as many tables as can cascade on one monitor (20 or so) while I play on 3-5 tables on my other monitor. I can see at a glance all tables VPIP average (via PAHUD layout in the top-left corner) while the windows are cascaded, and can click on each window corner by corner to check for a fish count.

PS: It would be nice to be able to cascade mined windows without having to re-arrange my play windows on the other monitor.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When is this coming out?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you need any beta testers, i'm down
Old 12-03-2005, 04:03 AM

Sorry guys it's been a pretty busy week, I'm too tired to post too much right now but things are going good but I was a little too busy to work much more on it this week. I'll keep you guys posted and should get a lot done tomorrow hopefully.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry guys it's been a pretty busy week, I'm too tired to post too much right now but things are going good but I was a little too busy to work much more on it this week. I'll keep you guys posted and should get a lot done tomorrow hopefully.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the update.