Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 05:44 AM

Default Williams at Bally\'s second chance NL Tourney

I was a little bored this evenning so I drove down to Bally's and played in the $225 NLH 6 p.m. second chance tourney.

I was sitting at a high number table when I saw David Williams walk by and sit up front at one of the lower number tables. I thought to myself wow I wonder why he is playing in this tourney. At the same time I hoped that when my table broke I would be moved to his table. As it turned out my table broke one level before the break and I was moved to table 34. Williams, unfortunately was at 33.

About 20 minutes later it was break time. There were still over 100 players left. I had T2100. I believe that I had an average stack. The blinds were going up to T100-200 after the break. I got up from the table to go and get something to eat. As I passed table 33 I noticed that they were still playing their last hand before the break. Williams was first in from 2 off the button. He had moved all of his T2800 chips in and announced that he had not looked at his cards.

A young Vegas local was on the button. He called and turned over A,Ko. Williams turned over 2,3o. The A,K won and williams was knocked out.

I saw him a few moments later at the Deli downstairs and told him that I was goint to let Fossilman know just what kind of player he beat last year. He said that he had some place to be and had to leave. I wondered why he started playing in the first place but didn't ask and just let it go at that.

I finished 6th in the tournament. The guy that knocked me out was the same Vegas local that knocked out Williams. After I got knocked out I walked over to Bellagio and there in the 10-20 NLH game was the 2006 WSOP champ Hachem. I watched him play his big blind. There was an early limper and then a mid raiser to $60. The button called and I said to myself I bet Hachem folds. He indeed folded and I left. I make him as a tight player. (I was going to say weak tight but didn't want to start any controversy). Over all it was a fun night. I guess I don't have to win it all in a tournament to enjoy myself.

Vince
Old 11-17-2005, 06:54 AM

Default Re: Williams at Bally\'s second chance NL Tourney

Congrats on the 6th place, but this part confuses me...
[ QUOTE ]
I watched him play his big blind. There was an early limper and then a mid raiser to $60. The button called and I said to myself I bet Hachem folds. He indeed folded and I left. I make him as a tight player. (I was going to say weak tight but didn't want to start any controversy)

[/ QUOTE ]

You watched him play the bb only and you came to that conclusion from just one hand?
Old 11-17-2005, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw him a few moments later at the Deli downstairs and told him that I was goint to let Fossilman know just what kind of player he beat last year. He said that he had some place to be and had to leave

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation: "I have to be someplace, where someplace is any place that you are not."
Old 11-17-2005, 09:46 AM

A few months ago, I was in Miami for a vacation. Figured I'd go down to South Beach to check the place out. As I get there, the first "celeb" I see is Charlie Sheen. I get a little closer and notice that he's talking to a pretty homely looking woman. About 5'5, wearing some sort of business dress. A few minutes later I walk up to him and go "Dude, I can't wait to tell people what ugly girls you hit on." He says something about her being his agent. Whatever dude, you hit on a soccer mom.

I cruise around the block a few more times and who do I see? That's right, Kevin Bacon baby. I'm now linked to every actor of all time. I pull up closer and notice him tipping a valet...with a Washington! That cheap prick. He gets in his car and drives off. What a loser.

I finished up my vacation realizing that these actors aren't all they're cracked up to be. Although you can probably tell from just reading this, it became clear to me that I'm probably cooler, a bigger spender, and pull hotter girls than both of these guys.

Famous people are overrated.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:00 AM

Has Hachem moved to the United States to play poker now? Interesting if he decided to just uproot his family like that. Isn't there a good amount of poker down under? Why wouldn't he want to stay in his home country where he's probably insanely popular now?
Old 11-17-2005, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I saw him a few moments later at the Deli downstairs and told him that I was goint to let Fossilman know just what kind of player he beat last year. He said that he had some place to be and had to leave

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation: "I have to be someplace, where someplace is any place that you are not."

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, it was last hand before break. He didn't want to wait to play his short stack. Double or party on the strip.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:40 AM

You really know how to roll those dice. At the first break the average chip stack was 7 times the blinds?
Old 11-17-2005, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You watched him play the bb only and you came to that conclusion from just one hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I thought he would more likely fold his BB was the impression I got from watching him on TV. He seemed tight to me. I'm sure that I am oversimplifying his play and he probably plays a lot better than simply calling him tight.

Vince
Old 11-17-2005, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was a little bored this evenning so I ate a cheeseburger.

Vince

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. Much better story.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:25 PM

So if he has 2 5 off or something like that and folds on the BB after a raise, he's weak tight?