Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2005, 03:39 AM

Default Pokergrapher has disappeared?

So the website is down. Is there anything similar out there I can use?
Old 06-03-2005, 04:40 AM

Default Re: Pokergrapher has disappeared?

Perhaps someone who has a copy would be willing to share, I would like one too, assuming that it is ok with the software's developer.

Thanks,

Nigel
Old 06-03-2005, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps someone who has a copy would be willing to share, I would like one too, assuming that it is ok with the software's developer.

Thanks,

Nigel

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a link to someone who had an archived copy in the main thread about this on the PT forums.

From what I understand, though, it was a time-limited program, and it just expired 2 days ago...
Old 06-03-2005, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Thanks,

Nigel

There's a link to someone who had an archived copy in the main thread about this on the PT forums.

From what I understand, though, it was a time-limited program, and it just expired 2 days ago

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still running v.1.34. I'd be happy to share it if there are no objections, but don't know how to make it available.

MKR
Old 06-03-2005, 04:13 PM

You can find a link here Pokergrapher

MKR
Old 06-07-2005, 09:07 AM

I haven't used PokerGrapher, so I don't know all of the features that it has. But if you mainly want to create a chart of your hands by amount won in $ or BB, then you can do it with PT, Excel, and then an image editing program (like the one built into Windows, or Photoshop if you have it). It looks like a lot of steps, but it is really straightforward.

I am on a Mac right now, so I don't have PT open in front of me, but the process is generally like:
1) Open PT and go to the user you want to export the hands for (usually yourself)
2) Go to the tab where you can get all of the hands (I think it is the "Sessions" tab, but like I said, I don't have it open in front of me).
3) It defaults to viewing 100 or so at a time (you can see how many it is showing at the time - it will tell you how many you are seeing out of the total). Over to the right you will see a button that says "Show All" - click that.
4) Now you have all of the hands available, click on the Print ("p") button over on the left.
5) In the print window that comes up, there is an "Export" button - click that and select "Excel" from the options, and then "Browse" to choose a place on your machine to save the file (and choose a name for it). Then save it out and you can close out of all of that now.
6) Now find that Excel file and open it.
7) Click on the tab for the column with the dates in it so that the entire column is selected - then go to the top menu and go to "Data - Sort" (the menu options have changed in Excel over the years, so wherever Sort is on yours).
8) It will ask you if you want to Expand your selection or only sort the selected row - choose the "Expand" option and then click OK. Then choose to have that column sorted Ascending and click OK. Now all of your data will be in order from top to bottom, oldest to newest.
9) Now go over and create a new column and name it whatever you want in the header column, it doesn't really matter. Then decide if you want to add up your net money, or your BBs.
10) In your new column, just under the header in the next row, enter into the cell "=" and then click on the first data cell of the column which you want to look at for your chart (either $ or BB). Then hit enter/return - it will now reference the value you clicked on.
11) Then in your new column, immediately underneath the cell you just created, put in "=" and then click on the cell in either the BB or $ column which you chose before (make sure it is the cell in the same row you are in now), and then still in your new cell type "+" and then click on the cell above which you just created. After all of that, hit enter/return. What that does is set it up to have a running total of your values.
11) If you have a lot of hands, then this next step can be tedious, but you want to drag that formula which you just entered down through your new column for all of your data rows. You can either mouseover the cell you just created until you get a little box symbol and then just press the mouse button down and drag it until the end of the data (fine if you only have a few thousand hands), OR you can click on the cell you just created and copy the formula (ctrl-c if you are on Windows, or go to the Edit menu and select Copy), then while that cell is still selected scroll all the way down to your last data row and hold down the shift key and select the last cell in your new column. That will then highlight all of the cells in your new column (except for the top two) and you can then paste in that forumla and Excel will figure it all out for you (to paste you can either do ctrl-v or the Edit menu and then Paste). You will now have a column full of your running total. Click on the top part of it so that you have selected the entire new column.
12) Now you can create a Chart - there should be a button for this on your toolbar - if not, find it in one of the top menus (Tools I think, but again, things change in different versions of Excel, so I am not positive on that).
13) Select a normal line chart from the option and then go through the various options to create your chart using that new column of data and then either enter it into your existing spreadsheet, or have it add a new one (I personally prefer to just have it add a new spreadsheet - then you can name them by date). The cart will then show either your BB or your $, or whatever else you want to choose to graph, and it will be broken down by every hand that PT has for the user you exported data for. From there you can add in trendlines and/or do other types of graphs/charts if you like.
14) If your version of Office allows you to Save and/or Export that as an image, then you can do that and be done with it. Otherwise get a screen capture by pressing "Print Screen" (on Windows) - this button is up at the top of your keyboard, over on the right.
15) Open up an image editing program like Photoshop or Paint in Windows. Then paste in the image (ctrl-v or the Edit menu and then Paste). Then crop it so that only the data you are interested in is shown in the image, and then save it out in whatever format you want (usually jpeg/gif/png if you are going to show it on the web - if you are only keeping it for yourself, then it doesn't matter too much what format it is).
Old 06-07-2005, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can find a link here Pokergrapher

On the PT forum though, it says that it had an expiration date built in, but now it seems like most people are still using it without any problems...can anyone confirm or deny this?

MKR

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-07-2005, 01:21 PM

My copy, v1.3.4, still works as of June 7.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Click on About, Poker Grapher and you can see when your copy will expire.

That's a bummer. Yeah, I can do it through Excel but it was just nice to have one button to click.

KO
Old 06-07-2005, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Click on About, Poker Grapher and you can see when your copy will expire.

That's a bummer. Yeah, I can do it through Excel but it was just nice to have one button to click.

KO

[/ QUOTE ]

June 15.
[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]