Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 10:28 AM

Default Re: Man vs Vegas

[ QUOTE ]
It would be sweet if he got a seat in the big game at Belagio. He'd look at his cards and start screaming "MONKEY MONKEY MONKEY" and when he wins a pot "WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER." Then he'd turn to Barry and tell him he was going to give him...seven...hundred...dollars.

I can't stand that guy...

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO about the Barry comment.

One minor point but another irritating thing about this putz -- he kept saying, "Winner chicken dinner." I need therapy; I was screaming at the TV, "It's 'winner winner chicken dinner,' you a-hole!" Two 'winners' not one.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, you're still posting?

umm, well as for skill games in vegas, I meant poker.

wow thats a backhanded compliment. but hey, can I bs or what?

what part of my statement would you disagree with?

I know there are poker games running that would necessitate a one million dollar br, but like I said, those are for world-class players.

what part of my post did you disagree with?

[/ QUOTE ]

- Yes, I am, but not as much as before.
- If you mean poker, say poker, not "skill games". This is like saying "When I said professional athletes, I meant football players".
- I know MANY people who are nowhere NEAR the best in the world that need far more than $10,000 to play the POKER games they play who, while great players, aren't near world class. Matter of fact, at least 5 of them have posted in this very thread; myself included.
- Professional blackjack, video poker, slot teams, and sports bettors would almost all be severely underfunded at a 10K BR.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:27 PM

I think I need to Tivo this. Wow. I'm not even sure if I get CMT, but I gotta check it out.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It would be sweet if he got a seat in the big game at Belagio. He'd look at his cards and start screaming "MONKEY MONKEY MONKEY" and when he wins a pot "WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER." Then he'd turn to Barry and tell him he was going to give him...seven...hundred...dollars.

I can't stand that guy...

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO about the Barry comment.

One minor point but another irritating thing about this putz -- he kept saying, "Winner chicken dinner." I need therapy; I was screaming at the TV, "It's 'winner winner chicken dinner,' you a-hole!" Two 'winners' not one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you probably also realized that "winner chicken dinner" is "his saying." HAHHAHAHHAHAHHA
Old 10-24-2005, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
first of all, there is no skill game that you need a 1 million br for. Unless you are the best in the world, you shouldn't be playing in any game that you'd need more than a $10,000 br for, but hey, that's why vegas is still around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, this is one of the most legitimate sounding completely uninformed things I have ever read in my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is easy to agree with daliman here. You just have to be better than your oponnents, not be the best in the world. If I had exactly one million in net worth I would play 99% of the people in the wolrd any one of three different games of skill for my case million. I would simply avoid the other 1% of the population.

That said since you corrected yourself by changing skill game to poker (a game of short term luck) and changed 10,000 to 100,000 I suppose my post is off target, as well as off topic, but what the heck, I am posting it anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2005, 09:05 PM

well this sucks big time. it seems comcast is to good to carry CMT. iceholes.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:06 PM

I only watch because it has to do with Vegas. If they made a show called "Guy Sleeping on a Couch in Vegas", I'd probably watch a few episodes.

But to make Man v Vegas more watchable, drink whenever he says "Winner Winner....", "Monkey", stalls each word (five ... hundred.... dollars... right... now), gives money away,or predcits what will happen. (Only watch one episode though, more than two may be dangerous, and good luck in a marathon.)
Old 10-24-2005, 11:26 PM

What day/time is this on?
Old 10-24-2005, 11:27 PM

what the fuk is the CMT channel? is that some canadian bullsh1t?
Old 10-24-2005, 11:28 PM

CMT= Country Music Television

In recent years, CMT and other speciality channels (TLC, Discovery, GSN, etc.) they've been wandering off into other areas.