Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2004, 01:38 AM

Default Can\'t something be Done?

Hello. I have been a long-time lurker at this site, and my favorite forum is this one. I don't play poker per se, but I watch it allot on television with my folks, and we root for the different players like they were sporting teams, or whatever. I guess its like rooting for golfers or bowlers, but you get the point.

I had to come out and say this forum is going in the toilet. I do not speak much as is my nature, but really guys this place is no longer decent. These poker playrs you slander all day are my heroes and heroes to my family. I'm sure you wouldn't want people saying bad things about your favorite stock car driver or musician!

I think we should have a moderator that is DEDICATED TO CLEANING UP THE WPT, ETC. FORUM!!!! Personally, I don't know how Mason and Lyle havn't been sued yet for allowing slanderus writings on this site!!

I know this is my first post, but I could do a real good job. First thing I would do is get rid of the obvious trash like "sup bro" and things like that. Then, I would put in a new rule about "filtering."

If you already have more than a 1,000 posts, you can post whenever, and start threads. If you have less than 1,000 threads, you have to e-mail your proposed topic to me and I will let you know if you can go ahead and post it (if its a close call, I will forward it to Mat or Frank for the final word).

If your posts are constantly harassing and bad-natured, you will be given a warning. If you get 3 warnings, you have to go on probation meaning you have to e-mail me to start new threads. After a 75% "pass" rate on your topics, you will get reinstated.

Even if Mat does not nominate me for this job, we can do it by agreement. WE all can join in and make a pact so that you will agree to the filtering process.

Come on, let's clean this place up and still have fun guys! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2004, 01:42 AM

Default Re: Can\'t something be Done?

F*ck off
Old 12-10-2004, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
F*ck off

[/ QUOTE ]

sup breaux? don't like his plan breaux only because you ain't got 1000 posts breaux?

sup bro.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:26 AM

Hi Ronald:

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I don't know how Mason and Lyle havn't been sued yet for allowing slanderus writings on this site!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a small point. Even though Lyle is not involved with Two Plus Two Publishing LLC, he's been a lot more successful over the years financially than I have.

Best wishes,
mason
Old 12-10-2004, 08:28 AM

You may be interested in this thread.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:56 AM

Quote:
I don't play poker per se, but I watch it allot on television with my folks,
BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Quote:
These poker playrs you slander all day are my heroes and heroes to my family
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

I hope you're joking about that whole thread, if not I think suicide is the only appropriate response. oo:
Old 12-10-2004, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
These poker playrs you slander all day are my heroes and heroes to my family. I'm sure you wouldn't want people saying bad things about your favorite stock car driver or musician!

[/ QUOTE ]
1) You need to upgrade your definition of a "hero".
2) I'm sure no one ever says anything bad about stock car drivers or musicians...LOL.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:05 AM

You could always start your own site. Then you can have total control.

I think it would be difficult to stop the trolls. Even if you only allowed what you deem to be "appropriate" subjects. It would take a lot of work to monitor all the replies until posters reached 1000.

If you think once there are enough people with 1000 posts, there will be plenty of free flow of ideas, I think there will still be issues. Trolls will likely play your game for a few months, working up to the number. Then, once they are no longer monitored, it's sup bro time!
Old 12-10-2004, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Ronald:

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I don't know how Mason and Lyle havn't been sued yet for allowing slanderus writings on this site!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a small point. Even though Lyle is not involved with Two Plus Two Publishing LLC, he's been a lot more successful over the years financially than I have.

Best wishes,
mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's Lyle?
Old 12-10-2004, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Who's Lyle?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lyle is Mason's evil twin. They have the same Birthday.