Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2004, 05:32 AM

Default Re: Internet Series of Poker

[ QUOTE ]
will this be sponsered by two plus two? That doesnt sound like a great idea. I mean it does for two plus two I guess, but not for the regulars.

hi folks,

this will not in any way be sponsored by 2+2. it is sponsored by the sponsoring sites (if that makes sense).

2+2 is simply the place that the series will be headquartered. the sponsoring sites will be paying a fee to participate in the series, and in return for that they will be getting their own section in the the newly developed forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the sites are paying a fee to participate in the series i assume this is coming out of their +50 fee portion of the tournament.

My question is if the sitets are paying a fee. Who are they paying it to and what for?

rJ
Old 12-17-2004, 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If the sites are paying a fee to participate in the series i assume this is coming out of their +50 fee portion of the tournament.

My question is if the sitets are paying a fee. Who are they paying it to and what for?

[/ QUOTE ]

For marketing I presume, and to pay those who will work on the project.

I'd hardly begrudge Granny a share of it, considering that Party already has a $500 million yearly profit.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
considering that Party already has a $500 million yearly profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you get this number?

rJ
Old 12-17-2004, 01:29 PM

hiya rJ. how ya been?

ok, as i said, the details will be coming soon. however, i'll make an exception for my canadian buddy and answer this one.

the fee that the sites pay to 2+2 are basically advertising fees. it has nothing whatever to do with the tourney entry or tourney fee. the fee collected for the tourney entry is simply normal juice that is used to cover their own expenses.

the (very small) fee being paid to 2+2 gets them their own section in the new forum and helps pay their share to administrate the ISOP. placing that forum there, maintaining the forum, and paying the ISOP staff is what that fee will be used for.

again, we ask for you guys to wait for the details, but the sites will also be adding $5,000 to each event to cover the winner's entry in the final. for instance, if 500 people play in the site's peliminary event, the entire $500,000 will be returned to the players via the prize pool for that event.

the winner gets a $5,000 seat to the finals that will NOT be coming out of the prize pool. this $5,000 will be added by the site to pay the entry for their winner in the final.

hopefully some sites will add even more to the prize pools, but for sure they are adding $5,000 to each event. this will become crystal clear when we launch the details, but the fee being paid to 2+2 won't be coming from the players or player equity. that should be all that matters, and i assume that is why you were asking.

is it cold up there?
Old 12-17-2004, 02:26 PM

Going OT, but only to answer the granny.

It is very cold up here. I am home for Christmas, and it is much colder than Vancouver.

Sounds like a good thing you guys have started here. Hopefully i will get in through a satelite. $9700 in tuition makes it a little tough to throw down on a large tournament. And now $9700 Canadian is not as little as it used to be. Could you ask George to strengthen his dollar back up some. Ask him also to give back our expos if he's not going to do it right... come home expos

Sorry for asking questions instead of waiting for details.

rJ
Old 12-19-2004, 06:15 AM

Hi Everyone:

Since there's a lot of interest as to what exactly this is, we're going to let this thread stick on top for a few days.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 12-19-2004, 06:27 AM

There is a "bit" of irony here - not saying it isn't a good idea... Just saying... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2004, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a "bit" of irony here - not saying it isn't a good idea... Just saying...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I think it's hot.

Nice stick, Mason.

-2kF
Old 12-19-2004, 02:50 PM

Just saying...

just saying..... what?
complete your sentence.

i would be very interested in hearing your thoughts. seriously.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:12 PM

Granny - try to relax a little.

I think the idea is great, and I know I will be playing is some of the tournaments, but the idea that there is some irony is also shared by me.

This was not a "hot" thread, and it could be considered Spam by many - it is ironic that this would become a sticky.

However, I think most people will also agree that the idea is one of general interest - and one where more interest will be generated, so the sticky makes sense.

This does not make it less ironic however.

Good Luck (but you might want to let the others handle press conferences).

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]