Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Agression Frequency and auto-rate players

Hi, I am using new version of PokerAce HUD w/ Agression Frequency instead of Agression Factor. I think Agression Frequency better represent players agression. I have few questions though...

1) is there anyway to re-do auto-rate players using Agression Frequency instead of Agression Factor?

2) from your experience, what's the optimum range of Agression Frequency. I just want some guide line as to what's consider as agressive, passive, neutral...

thanks
Old 09-14-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Agression Frequency and auto-rate players

1. Unfortunately, no you can not rate using 'Aggression Frequency' rather than 'Aggression Factor'. I would put a request in the Poker Tracker request forum though. When people start to realize that aggression frequency is a better representation than aggrassion factor, I think a lot of people will want this stat/auto rate option added to PT.

2. The optimum Aggression frequency seems to be around 45% flop, 50% turn and 50% river. Less than 35% is passive and over 50% is aggressive. Over 60% is over aggressive.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:18 PM

Thanks Ten. I'll now adjust my color coding to match your estimates.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2. The optimum Aggression frequency seems to be around 45% flop, 50% turn and 50% river. Less than 35% is passive and over 50% is aggressive. Over 60% is over aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a discussion on this somewhere, or is this what you have personally noticed?

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:13 PM

For those who don't know AP10 he is a pro 8 tabling the $200 tables and plays about 20k hands/week - he therefore has a huge and up to date SSNL database for full ring - he also helps out folks like me and PokerAce when we are analysing player stats and need data (he was instumental in the new PT autorates for example and I think helped Poker Ace with the new aggression stat) and he also spends a lot of time looking at it himself - so if he says 50% one thing is sure - that isn't just a 'guess'.

There is a thread on the BTP PokerTracker forums started by PokerAce and contributed to by AP10 in which he says:

'I did extensive research while creating this formula and am continuing to do research trying to determine a weighted system. With that said, using the current weights of one for each, the optimum aggression is as follows:
Flop: 45%
Turn: 50%
River: 50%

These are the maximum's when graphing BB/100 vs Aggression Frequency <street>. '

the thread is linked here
http://www.bet-the-pot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6517

Old 09-17-2005, 04:47 PM

what about for 6 max?
Old 09-17-2005, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what about for 6 max?

[/ QUOTE ]

You bring up a great point. My numbers above are for full ring, not 6 max.

If someone wouldnt mind sharing their large 6 max DB with me so that I could do the same type of analysis for 6 max games that would be awesome. You have my absolute promise that the data would only be used for analysis and would be completely removed from my system after the analysis was completed. Shoot me a PM if anyone is willing to do this...

Excession, thanks for the ringing endorsement. I appreciate it... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Unfortunately, no you can not rate using 'Aggression Frequency' rather than 'Aggression Factor'. I would put a request in the Poker Tracker request forum though. When people start to realize that aggression frequency is a better representation than aggrassion factor, I think a lot of people will want this stat/auto rate option added to PT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagine this is for NL...anybody have ideas of what good representations are optimal for shorthanded LIMIT holdem?