Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Re: VP$IP\'s and running

[ QUOTE ]
You are running hot.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Win rates mean nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you're implying that, given his other stats, his winrate can't be sustained, and so he needs to ignore his success and concentrate on other things. But that implication is far from being established or acknowledged fact, and I would encourage him not to change a thing (well, his pfr is pretty low, but whatever) and come back when he's got some more hands, so that we can have a discussion grounded more in mathematics than supposition and bias.

FWIW, I wish we could magically delete stat/winrate posts that have both winrate and hands < 50K. It gets a bit tiresome.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:59 PM

Your 6 handed VPIP looks about normal, very slighly loose perhaps but nothing to worry about.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im VP$IP approx. 29 through 20k hands, almost exclusively Party 5-10 (6 max), and right now i'm pulling about 3.94BB/100. Is this VP$IP standard for 6 max play, or should i tone it down or up a little. I've also noticed, after reading a recent post, that my VP$IP for UTG and UTG+1 are 22 and 23, respectively. are THESE high

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, just keep doing what you're doing. You might just be on the good side of variance, but then again you might be able to maintain that winrate. There is really no way to tell until you get many more hands.

Bottom line, I would keep playing as you are and address leaks as they appear. Constant reevaluation rinse and repeat...

___1___
Old 04-15-2005, 01:07 PM

Incredibly low. Most players work with 16% minimum.

Part of what makes LAG images work is the ability to run the table over. You are limping a good deal UTG. I don't see how you can play some of the hands you must be playing UTG profitably.

You don't actually have LAG stats. You would rate a little loose passive mostly.

Krishan
Old 04-15-2005, 01:13 PM

Looser than average on these boards, but as that VP$IP is for all hands, not just 6-handed, I think it's actually very close to optimum.

The low PFR is probably costing him a little money, but given the nature of the 5/10 game, maybe he can get away with said open-limping with proper postflop play.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:16 PM

I think his UTG stats are contaminated with all the HU and short games. The major thing is the low pfr.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:17 PM

i think the hands i may be missing raises on are hands such as A8s on the button when MP or UTG limps. Is this an auto-raise? I almost always limp on this, and when i raise, i feel like im tilting, that's how guilty i feel. What about k10s on the button with a limper? this is another situation in which i limp most of the time.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know you're implying that, given his other stats, his winrate can't be sustained, and so he needs to ignore his success and concentrate on other things. But that implication is far from being established or acknowledged fact, and I would encourage him not to change a thing (well, his pfr is pretty low, but whatever)

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree VP$IP isn't established and his 6 max stats look closer to normal but still loose. The thing is his PFR is not good. A Nikla style VP$IP of 26% relies on a steal rate above 40%. A LAG image also has to be sustained by perfect postflop play. OP is loose passive preflop.

The worse part of the post is his VP$IP UTG of 20%. If it's possible to squeeze value out of the last 6% of UTG by limping (I'm assuming he limps but it seems likely) then I would be extremely suprised.

I'm by no means a pro at 5/10 but if someone told be they could limp AXs UTG profitably over a small sample I'd tell them it's variance and those hands are longterm losers. I feel okay telling them that because I played them UTG for 200K hands and together small AX cost about .25 BB/hand. I think some of the content in this post is similiar to this situation. Kiddo, Strip and others I'm sure have tried to push the VP$IP limit UTG. From a poker theory perspective I can see 20% being correct.

Even Victors post a while ago that everyone got so excited about made me laugh a bit. His VP$IP from the BB was suboptimal from a poker theory perspective. I thought it was clear that he was running hot then.

[ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I wish we could magically delete stat/winrate posts that have both winrate and hands < 50K. It gets a bit tiresome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love this too.

Krishan
Old 04-15-2005, 02:13 PM

Gay also means...

Merry; gleeful; blithe; airy; lively; sprightly, sportive; light-hearted; frolicsome; jolly; jovial; joyous; joyful; glad; showy; splendid; vivacious.
[1913 Webster]

So it can be an "airy" bet, because sometimes the geniuses behind the bet are complete airheads? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Or maybe it is sportive, challenging you? I dunno [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2005, 02:21 PM

I can only guess this is in the wrong thread.

Krishan