Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 12:11 AM

Default Re: EPT Dublin Summary (Decently long)

yea i didnt like the J4 river push either, better off callin IMO.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
btw: whats with the hair? Normally green or died for Ireland?

[/ QUOTE ]

Green for ireland. I change up colors, was red for a US soccer game before this, and blue before that, and red/white/blue for the olympics.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate this new message format. Anyhow, great job mate. I read in envy, I hope I can stay calm like that as well.

[/ QUOTE ]do u use threaded mode? please stop and switch to flat lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm very embarresed to say I just find out you can switch to flat mode in the setting [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2005, 03:02 AM

Awesome, looks like you played pretty well for the mostpart.. how were you in relation to the rest of your table pre-flop? (One of the tighter people or somewhere inbetween? .. I always wondered how many hands people play at these things)
Old 11-01-2005, 04:04 AM

Congrats on the good finish. The best way to get comfy in your first big event is to get some good hands and have them gold up. I figure I'll post some thoughts on a bunch of hands.

[ QUOTE ]
AcAd UTG+1. UTG limps, i make it 350, BB and UTG call.
797 two diamonds, Checked to me, i make it 500, SB folds, UTG calls. UTG has also been aggro, but not 'smart' like the other guy.
turn 9d, UTG bets out 1100, i make it 3500 he folds.
Stack ~ 12000

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what a raise accomplishes here, unless you think he's betting more than 2400 on the river and you dont think you'll be able to call it.

[ QUOTE ]
QQ in MP. UTG (smart aggro guy) makes it 325, I call, BB calls.
563r UTG bets 800, i make it 2000, he calls.
turn 2, he checks, i check (!!!!)
River 6, he bets 2500, i call. He shows 67s.
Stack ~6300.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he should probably push the flop with that hand, you probably fold an overpair, and there are a lot of hands you could conceivably raise the flop with that are ahead of 76s but cant call a push. I actually don't mind how you played it there. His most likely hands after he calls the raise are AA/KK/JJ/1010ish type hands. Its pretty unlikely he has a draw. He did and he hit, so be it.

[ QUOTE ]
AJc on button. Euro-pro opens from CO for 900. I make it 2500, SB asks for a chipcount from me, then folds, BB folds, Europro calls.
K62 two spades. Pro checks, I bet 3000. "You have 3 kings?" I smirk and look away because i'm nervous and i'm a internet donkey. "Yea you have 3 kings" and folds. SB then says that he had AQ of spades, Phew

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew I liked you.

[ QUOTE ]
KJs folds to mei n the SB, i make it 1500, BB pushes for 8k. I think for a while. I havn't mentioned him, but he's done this before, and he's not bad, he knows that he's getting short and needs to get some chips. I call, he shows T6o, board comes xxT - J - x.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this kind of opponent is in the BB, there's nothing wrong with limping this hand to either limp push, or try to steal it on the flop, rather than putting yourself in the position of making an annoying call for a pretty big chunk of chips.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop comes rainbow all lower than 9. I suddenly see that the guy had like 8000 hidden behind his arm, i freak out and check

[/ QUOTE ]

everybody goofs preflop sometimes. the key is not letting it f you up postflop. last year in the bahamas, I was in the SB and luckily decided to just limp 75o, luckily cuz I hadn't seen David Williams raise UTG+1. Flop is A64 two spades and I cr him all-in (it was bubble time I had him well covered) and he folds what he later says was KK. My point, just play your game (which is obviously pretty good) you can't let one mistake screw up multiple streets like that.

[ QUOTE ]
AQs in UTG+1 open for 400. Aggro C calls in the BB.
AT4r. He checks i bet 5000. He calls.
Turn 8. He checks, i think for a min or two, theres a lot in the pot, i don't want him getting tricky with me, so i push, and he folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

ick. You just let him play perfect. Betting smaller and checking are both better in this spot.

2nd day seems fine to me. Tough way to go out but not much you can do really. Great finish, great cash, great experience I bet.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:08 AM

even without the double pair I don't think I like the raise. raising lets him off some worse hands and costs you more if he has you beat. the only thing arguing for a raise is that a 4th heart might kill your action against some hands, but I'd still rather risk it.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:58 PM

Awesome job. Fun to read. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]