Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Re: PokerAce Heads Up Display - Version 0.27 Released

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe its just me, but .28 of PA whenever I load tables and hit Treat as 6max...it seems to lock up and I have to force it to shutdown the program. This seems to be whenever I start using 2 or more tables. (this is on Pokerstars)

This doesnt happen everytime, but Id say 1 out of 3 tries it happens. enough to be irratating.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are using the IHH method, try the Hand History method and vice versa. Let me know if this makes a difference.

I will look into this and see if I can reproduce it. If so, I should be able to fix it easily.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quick suggestion:

On game time when the player hadnt called a bet yet his aggression showed as an infinity sign instead of 0.0. This is extremely helpfull for players that you only have 50 or so hands on.

EDIT: and please if it doesnt take but a few minutes show Mogobu how to fix the pokergrapher for postgres

[/ QUOTE ]

PA Hud already uses "oo" to represent infinite aggression when a player never calls.

It looks like someone else it taking a crack at adding PostgreSQL support to PokerGrapher.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have skimmed your blog and was shocked to see you have tried to play full time for five months.

The world needs more good software developers (including the great customer service), not more poker players! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Keep poker part time!

Anyway, wish you success with your fine program.

Regards,

Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, high expenses, low limits, low savings and lots of negative variance made being a pro difficult. However, it gave me a lot of spare time to work on PA Hud. I'm actually going back to work for a while until I get my expenses lower and make it to the higher limits. I'm hoping this won't limit the amount of time I can spend on PA Hud too much.

Thanks for the well wishes.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:49 PM

Thanks for adding Prima. I just used to to my advantage yesterday to ensure that I should push against a donkey. He was a 2-1 underdog and hit. The HUD gave me the confidence that I'd be seeing my money back and more, as long as I made him pay for draws. Sure enough I more than covered my initial loss. Time to hit your website and donate! You do sincerely seem to appreciate the support.

Scott
Old 09-14-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are using the IHH method, try the Hand History method and vice versa. Let me know if this makes a difference.

I will look into this and see if I can reproduce it. If so, I should be able to fix it easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this issue as well, it happens on Cryptologic as well so it's not a stars specific problem.

It almost seems like it's happening if you try and switch to 6-max in the middle of pokerace updating that table.

This issue happens constantly for me, so I can turn on logging if you want some data?
Old 09-14-2005, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Time to hit your website and donate! You do sincerely seem to appreciate the support.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed! I've really enjoyed working on PA Hud. The donations have not only made it financially possible to put the time in, but they also encourage me to continue to make it even better!
Old 09-14-2005, 06:30 PM

krimson, I'm going to be taking a look at this on my system. I don't play much on Stars or Crypto, so I may not have played enough to trigger this bug.

If I have trouble reproducing the problem, I will contact you about getting log files. Thanks for letting me know.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:35 PM

I spent some time this evening trying to research the "Treat as 6 Max" lockup bug that some of you are experiencing. The good news is that I was able to reproduce the problem and I believe that I've fixed it.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quick suggestion:

On game time when the player hadnt called a bet yet his aggression showed as an infinity sign instead of 0.0. This is extremely helpfull for players that you only have 50 or so hands on.

EDIT: and please if it doesnt take but a few minutes show Mogobu how to fix the pokergrapher for postgres

[/ QUOTE ]

PA Hud already uses "oo" to represent infinite aggression when a player never calls.

It looks like someone else it taking a crack at adding PostgreSQL support to PokerGrapher.

[/ QUOTE ]
It appears that the "oo" only shows up for aggression by street. If you look at overall aggression factor it still shows as 0.00
Old 09-15-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It appears that the "oo" only shows up for aggression by street. If you look at overall aggression factor it still shows as 0.00

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take a closer look at it, thanks for letting me know.