Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Best site for micro limit play?

Which site do you guys think is the best site to be playing micro limits at (besides Party or Empire)? I mean this in terms of most fish, best place to be learning at. I cant stand poker room. I hate that site, the players there make me sick. Any other site that would be a good micro site please help me out with. Thanks
Old 04-23-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Best site for micro limit play?

pacific is super fishy - paradise has really low limits if you're looking for that.

why does pokerroom have such a bad rep around here? fishy players, good software....
Old 04-23-2005, 05:57 PM

Even though i'll most certainly get flamed for this i really do feel that poker room might be rigged or something is up with that site. I know that online poker is not rigged but after playing at poker room for a while i cant help but think that it is true.
As for paradise it seems ok, how is ultamite bet?
Old 04-23-2005, 06:01 PM

I agree that the players at Pokerroom are nice and fishy, but the software sucks. (At least it does on my computer, which is fairly low-end but only 4 months old.) I find that multi-tabling really slows things down, to the point that the software is asking me for decisions before it has finished dealing my cards. It's quite distracting.

Also, I think there are quite a few whores there right now taking advantage of the reload bonus. (Myself included) This makes the tables hit or miss and is driving down the average VPIP. Still, very beatable. I just wish the software ran faster on my machine.

I agree w/ the other poster that Paradise is very soft, although for the most part I just make Party my home when not whoring abroad.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:51 PM

i play Paradise. low limits. some easy and some good competition. plenty of tournament options and such. software is good plus i like the initial sign up bonus with the GRANNY code....but i haven't played anywhere else yet [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2005, 07:29 PM

Pokerstars has good micro-limit games.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:34 PM

Paradise is ok. Their software is average -- lags a little when you join the first table, and even more annoying, there's lag at showdown, so sometimes you think you've won the hand because you wait 10 seconds and nobody flips cards, then you notice you're beat. The players are quite fishy, though. Low limits, but tables get tight late at night (after 12ish). Using poker tracker with paradise is kinda annoying, as you can't auto-import (to my knowledge) and you have to email hand logs, which only show the last 100 hands. The GRANNY bonus at paradise is nice, though, so if you haven't played there yet, 50% up to $100.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pacific is super fishy - paradise has really low limits if you're looking for that.

why does pokerroom have such a bad rep around here? fishy players, good software....

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to get games, terrible cash out.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to get games, terrible cash out.

[/ QUOTE ]

A few weeks ago I get a letter from Pacific telling me they dropped $10 into my account as a bonus and to get me to come back. Nice. I'm a $10 comp to them! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm not a big Pacific fan either but decided to open a table behind my desktop at work one day. Hell it's slow enough to go take a piss and grab a fresh cup of coffee most of the time and I still get my work done.

Starting at the nickel dime tables I'm now playing .25/.50 a few hours every other day or so. My $10 has grown to $70+! Pacific is a fishy bah-stard. Software sucks and yeah it's a pain to get money out.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:28 PM

I'm totally loving Crazy Poker right now.
Turned the free $10 they gave me into $77.78 on 0.10/0.20 over 1857 hands, sitting at 18.25 BB/100 right now. I'm learning the meaning of fish (all streets capped by JTs against my AA) and soft games. I'm sure I'm on some kind of streak, but the number of fish icons I have in PT combined with the ridiculousness of so many of the plays have me smiling all day long.

I've been playing quite aggressive and I think it really helps there. Seems like you can almost always give other players no credit for any sort of reasonable hand, and just assume they have nothing and you'll win. Played at Party and skins for a few thousand hands before, this is way way fishier IMO.