Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2004, 11:00 AM

Default Satellite Bubble Strategy Question

I'm in a 500 FPP satellite into Sunday's $200+$15 tournament on Pokerstars. 225 entered, and the final 9 earn an entry into Sunday's tournament.

10 people remain. Two 5-man tables.

Table 1 has 5 people of ~equal stack size. About 35K each with 1000/2000 blinds + antes(50 at that point I think?). None of them are taking any risks at all. All 5 know that they are in.

Table 2 has 5 people as well. Chipleader has about 60K. to his left is a guy with 30K. I have 13K. To my left is a 15K stack, followed by a 17K stack.

As the short stack here, with two other small stacks just ahead of me, should i be trying to push ahead of those two in chips somehow, or should I be going into a shell, waiting for AA-QQ and waiting for one of the other two short stacks to make a stand?

There hadn't been a flop in a number of hands, steals left and right. Blinds are 1000/2000 w/ antes, and we are less than a minute from 1500/3000 w/ antes(75 antes now I think). I get K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the button. folded to me, the other two short stacks behind me. Do you push or fold? How clear cut is the decision?

Thanks,
radii