ever jerk it to your avatar?

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh that was good... time to wash up?
Old 11-27-2005, 07:47 AM

Default Re: The bad side of it all...

Old 11-27-2005, 08:04 AM

Default Re: Please read this first

[ QUOTE ]
Your life probably sucks right now, and I know exactly what it's like to be unbearable, but I can't see how you are in a position where suicide is the best option.

I know exactly what you are going through. For very different reasons, I was very close to ending my life a couple of times back in 7th grade. Looking back, I am unbelievably fortunate that I decided not to end things. My life is amazing now, and it's absurd to me when I think about how close I was to ending it all.

Maybe the next week of your life will suck. Maybe the next month will suck. Maybe the next year will suck. Maybe the next couple of years will suck. Maybe.

If you end your life, that's it for your existence on earth. You will be no more. All that joy that you could have experienced in the rest of your life will no longer have a chance. Maybe you will fall in love. Maybe you will have kids. Maybe you will find some meaning for your life. There is no maybe if you end it all tonight.

Through my depression, my biggest regret was not talking to anyone. I had a few real close friends, and my parents were very loving and supportive, but I was always too afraid to bring it up with them. There was a lot they could have done to help, from emotional support to doctors to drugs. I never gave them a chance to help out, and I almost screwed things up for myself by doing that. I am just very fortunate to be here today despite my stupid actions (or lack there of) in the past. I hope that you will make the right decision, and you will be here too, for decisions other than luck.

Stealing and poker are probably not the answers for you. Talk to your mom. Talk to your other family / friends. See what they recommend. There are always other options. They're not always fun, especially at the start, but they are options none the less.

-Don't do it
-Justin Bonomo

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just at a loss, man. I hear your voice, and as long as I've lurked here I have a *great* idea of your success.

I used to be successful too, but not to your degree. Now it's like everything that can come down, IS. I lost my father at 12 to Agent Orange (he served 3 tours in Nam). I'm diagnosed PTSS, bipolar. I should have never started in the game in the first place, but it and a job paid the bills for a long time. I paid off school for my ex, her car, my car, etc, etc, etc. I could bore you with the details, but I won't. It basically came down to the endless flood of money ran out, and when it did she was only too happy to leave, and leave all the bills and other trauma on my lap because it was nearly all in my name.

I just want my life back, man. I gave it up for a woman who i thought would be the one to - as you say - "get married, have kids", type deal. I never thought about her leaving and doing me like this.

I appreciate all of these responses, even the ones meant to pick fun at me for being such an idiotic little bitch. I actually unloaded the gun and put on the safety if it means anything to anyone here.

I realize I'd be taking a cowards way out. But what's worse, knowing that everything will get worse if you do nothing but what you're doing (working hard), or stealing once and possibly getting quite back to a sense of normalcy?

----

Oh, and the other person who claimed I should "sleep off the drink" - I haven't had a drink in nearly 6 months. I tried to quit because my ex had an alcohol problem, so I was going to quit for her. I quit, she didn't, we split - and now here we are.

----

I thank you very much, Justin. Through my time lurking here I've become a great fan of not only your play, but your idiosyncratic posts as well, and it means a lot that someone of your stature would send a post on such a dumb subject as this. I didn't know your situation was that tough before you made it.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So it's either A) stoop and become a thief and take 5 bills and hope to make around $1800 in the next week, - B) get them to take me to the doctor because the stress has obviously made me insane - C) Shoot myself in the head - or D) Do nothing but work, make myself worse and post more messages to a bunch of folks who could give a [censored] what I really do.

What would you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Option B is the only +EV decision but you already know that.

Stu
Old 11-27-2005, 08:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually unloaded the gun and put on the safety if it means anything to anyone here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm very happy to hear that. I hope that you never have to think about this again.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:37 AM

You gotta start thinking of life as long term. This is just short term variance that sucks, it will pass soon.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:40 AM

Here's what Yoda would say...
Old 11-27-2005, 09:01 AM

after reading it all, it looks like youre thinking straight , so go file for bankruptcy and start over.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
after reading it all, it looks like youre thinking straight , so go file for bankruptcy and start over.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an idea, but I've already thrown so much money at the situation that it would probably just piss me off. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

At least I'm laughing about it now. I'd like to thank ZeeJustin and Devin especially for sending some really quality messages privately that really helped get my mind back on track.

It's not that much money, but it's enough to make you not think clearly and want to blow your brains out.

I think it's more the case that I know I was capable of making this type of money before my ex made me give the game up and then subsequently left me. It just feels like my life was nearly stripped from me, so it didn't seem like as much of a stretch to either steal to get it back or end it.

Thanks for helping me think a bit more clearly, 2+2. I'm going to go take a nap and sleep on it a bit, and see how I feel in the afternoon.

Hopefully this isn't a complete flame-fest when I return. Even though the subject matter isn't a great topic, I don't think I'm an idiot that deserves a ton of flames. I got a lot more help out of this thread than you could possibly know.

Thanks again 2+2.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:22 AM

by the way, this thread should have been started in the psych forum [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Closed Thread