Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 09:47 AM

Default Some sets on 4 straight boards.....

Could I have 'protected' my hand better in hand #1? Can i get away from my hand in hand #2?

Hand #1.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, BB calls.

River: (7.70 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, BB calls.

I intended to check/call one bet on this river and muck to any raises. Standard?

Final Pot: 16.70 BB

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Is this a clear 'just take the damn free card dummy' situation? Or should I bet here with my boat redraw? Can I get away form this hand when its 2 bets back to me? If i have Ten clean outs, i certainly have the odds.

River: (16.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 20.50 BB
Old 11-10-2005, 10:01 AM

Default Re: Some sets on 4 straight boards.....

Hand 1: How could you have protected your hand any better?

Hand 2: Taking the free card is tempting. Still, the turn bet seems all right to me. A lot of the time, neither of your opponents will have a straight. You just got unlucky this time and apparently both of them did.

After the checkraise and check/3-bet, I would have cold-called and seen the river, like you did.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:16 AM

Hand 1: Folding to any raise on the river is fine, unless, maybe, you're the only one left, like bet, you call, raise, the better fold, and it's to you.

Hand 2: Check the turn. You either beat and have to pay or way ahead that you aren't afraid of giving a free card. If you make a boat, you probably can get extra bet there.

Soh
Old 11-10-2005, 12:38 PM

hand 1, nothing you can do.

hand 2, you just have to bet the turn and i am at a loss to understand others responses here advocating or okaying a check behind. this seems very "results-oriented."

when has transpired preflop and flop that leads you believe opps have made hands, here (JJ or and 8)? you think it better to check behind and give infinite odds to a rivered 8 to a chop, at best? your hand is big. it can withstand a c/r given the 10 outs.

this is a must bet, imho.