Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2005, 09:47 PM

Default Huge pot, am I right to continue?

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.02.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (18.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (34.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 46.25 BB

I figure I am probably beat, but with the flop action something like QJ/KQ is just as likely as AQ. AQ is really the only hand that has me worried, I doubt that Ax would stay in for 4 bets, and I think a straight draw is folding here as well.

Did I play this okay?
Old 04-02-2005, 09:53 PM

Default Re: Huge pot, am I right to continue?

[ QUOTE ]
I figure I am probably beat, but with the flop action something like QJ/KQ is just as likely as AQ. AQ is really the only hand that has me worried, I doubt that Ax would stay in for 4 bets, and I think a straight draw is folding here as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with that assessment. KJ has an OESD and could have gone nuts on the flop. AA playing a "fancy" game is possible. QQ and TT are also possible.

Fold the river when it's two back to you. You have basically no chance of winning this one.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:56 PM

Nice avatar. I need that album I only have his lifestylez ov da poor and dangerous.

My first thought was to give it up on the turn as you likely have 3 outs tops (yes you must be behind unless the bettors are both LAGs). If you must call the turn to keep sane, I'm folding the river UI. Even after calling UTG+1 on the river you've got to give it up after MP2 wakes up behind you and UTG+1 3 bets, not to mention all the previous action.

Save calling in large pots for when there's a chance you're ahead. Here you're ahead &lt;1% of the time.

Edit: Didn't look at it right, you gotta call the turn.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:48 PM

Thanks for the comments. I felt like I was beat, but the pot was huge, and I probably would have cried if both players had turned over something like Q6o.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold the river when it's two back to you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-03-2005, 01:46 AM

The advice you are seeing here is good. If you were playing party .5/1. If pokerstart .02/.04 plays like PP .5/1 then go with this advice.

On the other hand, if the game plays like Pacific Nickel/Dime then there is a pretty good chance you have the best hand. Those guys like to jam with ANY PAIR. Sometimes just on Ace High!

Some info on the texture of the table would help a lot. Pacific tables typically are super loose. 5 players min to the flop. 90% of flops are raised. 50% re-raised. If that sounds familiar, you had a good shot at winning the hand.

-D