Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 05:49 AM

Default Re: HULA ML Cleanup

My apologies to everyone. My health has gone to shambles and taken everything else with it, and I really blew it here.

As far as I'm concerned, chopping it up and being done with seems like a fine idea.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My apologies to everyone. My health has gone to shambles and taken everything else with it, and I really blew it here.

As far as I'm concerned, chopping it up and being done with seems like a fine idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tim - I'm so sorry to hear you haven't been well. I couldn't think of any other reason for your silence. Hope it is nothing too serious.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:36 AM

I say chop it. This whole thing was disorganised from the start. While I enjoyed the headsup practice it gave, and agreed with the prize as some incentive, there was no framework for this event. Playoffs weren't even mentioned in the original thread (though they weren't ruled out either). With one team completely giving up, I think it jeopordises the process, potentially putting a team in the money simply because they had the good fortune to be matched against busy or lazy opponents.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:07 PM

so i'm assuming the chop will be between the 4 win teams.

ihardlyknowher 4-1
Goofball 4-1
bds 4-2
raisins 4-2
dave44 4-2

this means each captain should receive a share of $140 and each team member a share of $90
(140*5) +(90*20) = $2500, the prize pool.

also, it might be easier for witenite and climber to not have to make 25 separate transfer, so i'd suggest they transfer the full team share to each captain ($500) and have the captains divide it from there. sound good all?
Old 10-21-2005, 02:29 PM

i think that's a reasonable solution.

it seems most people feel that it is too much of a hassle to have playoffs...and I agree that it is a bit unfair to have one team possibly win more money just because another team is virtually MIA.

Hope that Tim is feeling better.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:35 PM

This is really lame. I mean really really lame. I can't emphasize enough the lameness of this proposed "solution". Honestly how difficult is it to play two one hour heads-up matches over the next two weeks, I sincerely doubt that there is a single person out there that couldn't make that committment. Lets bring this to its proper conclusion, I don't want to have a sour taste in my mouth every time I remember the disorganized [censored]-show that this turned into.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is really lame. I mean really really lame. I can't emphasize enough the lameness of this proposed "solution". Honestly how difficult is it to play two one hour heads-up matches over the next two weeks, I sincerely doubt that there is a single person out there that couldn't make that committment. Lets bring this to its proper conclusion, I don't want to have a sour taste in my mouth every time I remember the disorganized [censored]-show that this turned into.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm ok with either of the solutions proposed, but please don't try to judge whether I can carve out a couple of hours over the next 2 weeks. I've got a substitute lined up, but I'm personally not able to do it.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you feel better.

Are you still willing to see this through, what ever the decision is?

If yes, I think that you should be the one making the decision between playing it though, or chopping up right now.

Personally, I think that we should play it. So what if a team was forfeit? So what if some player were forfeit? I don't want to be harsh, but had they made an effort to schedule their matches, they wouldn't be forfeit.

So what if a team benefited from that? (we didn't, by the way)That's the competition, that's the fun, that's life.

4 teams are going to the playoffs, and will play, and anyone who doesn't play will be forfeit, at your discretion.

But again, what ever decision you make, I'll accept, and I think everyone should accept, because we all agreed that you take over.

What do you think?
Old 10-22-2005, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

But again, what ever decision you make, I'll accept, and I think everyone should accept, because we all agreed that you take over.

What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's my analysis of the situation:

We have five teams, and the only one that's assured of being in the top 4 via the rules is ihardlyknowher's.

-- Goofball/dave44 are both in positions where if we finish out with forfeits they would win the tiebreakers by virtue of a scheduling hiccup, being scheduled against teams not in competition on Week 6 while raisins/bds were not. I don't like this.

-- raisins/bds: despite raisins' post, there's no support in the rules for deciding this based on head-to-head, and I think there's a good reason not to: not everyone played head-to-head.

That adds up to having to do tiebreaker matches, because there was no support for breaking tiebreaker ties in the original rules. That could add as much as two extra "weeks" to this thing before going to the playoffs.

In addition, at least one player potentially in the playoffs (and one of the missing Week 6 matches) has been banned.

Given all this, I'm in favor of a chop. For those who really want playoffs, you always have the option of matching up individually to play for part or all of your payout.

If this sort of thing is done again, I recommend finding a structure that lets eliminated teams wander off without screwing it up for everyone else. It would also be a good idea to be more organized from the start.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:57 AM

Can we create a new thread and vote?

Anyone in the remaining five teams can cast a vote, and you have 48 hours to do so?

Honestly, this might be the only way you are getting a concrete answer from a group of people.