Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Scary Bar Situation

[ QUOTE ]
Call his bluff, he cant kill you with a knife, besides, its not like he had a gun, break his [censored] arm and then take it from him

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, no one has ever died from being stabbed. Especially in a 3rd world country. Whenever I am attacked outside of a bar and have a knife drawn on me I figure the guy is bluffing.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Call his bluff, he cant kill you with a knife, besides, its not like he had a gun, break his [censored] arm and then take it from him

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, no one has ever died from being stabbed. Especially in a 3rd world country. Whenever I am attacked outside of a bar and have a knife drawn on me I figure the guy is bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who's fought a lot have any type of predictions? I do have a good 8 inches on him... I'm just curious - I'm now pretty confident that saving my ass was the right move even if I was a 99% sure thing.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who's fought a lot have any type of predictions? I do have a good 8 inches on him... I'm just curious - I'm now pretty confident that saving my ass was the right move even if I was a 99% sure thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get into a fight with a guy who's holding a knife, he's going to win, and you're going to lose. Losing a knife fight is a very bad idea.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you have such a size advantage over him, you need to let him have a few courtesy stabs before you start fighting back. It's totally worth it to get stabbed over some strange chick you just met in a bar. Anything less is being a pussy.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you have such a size advantage over him, you need to let him have a few courtesy stabs before you start fighting back. It's totally worth it to get stabbed over some strange chick you just met in a bar. Anything less is being a pussy.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 12-23-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this guy had any idea how to handle a knife, you probably would have been killed whether you knew how to fight or not. It sounds like you don't know how to fight. He would have gutted you like a pig.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would never fight a Filipino holding a knife unless I wanted to commit suicide. Kali/Escrima/Arnis comes from the Philipines, so they practically invented knife fighting. Your height doesn't mean [censored].
Old 12-23-2005, 05:14 PM

Tai-Kwan Do or whatever comes from some part of Asia but it doesn't mean everyone in Asia knows it [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

You're correct though - Running away was the best move. I just hope there are other Jessica Alba look alikes without boyfriends out there.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tai-Kwan Do or whatever comes from some part of Asia but it doesn't mean everyone in Asia knows it

[/ QUOTE ]
It's Tae Kwon Do and it's from Korea. And for your own health, when having knives pulled on you in the Phillipines, assume they know a little something.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tai-Kwan Do or whatever comes from some part of Asia but it doesn't mean everyone in Asia knows it [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

You're correct though - Running away was the best move. I just hope there are other Jessica Alba look alikes without boyfriends out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. Knives are cultural there in a way much greater than say boxing or wrestling is cultural here. In Guam I got threatened by Filipinos with knives many times even as a young kid, and pretty much every Filipino carried one. Think of the likelihood of a Filipino back in his homeland having a clue to how to knife fight more like the chance of an American having played basketball, football, or baseball.

And compound that with the fact that even a guy who isn't good with a knife doesn't really have to be. He just has to have the knife.