Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 03:29 AM

Default Re: the official \"Baronzeus attempts to win at poker\" thread

DAY 2 UPDATE.

I sat at the fishiest tables ever at 75/150 today and enjoyed the hell out of it. Hitting flops against fish is the best feeling. As you can see im running good!!!! Maybe all i needed to do was bitch a little more about my downswing.

my 30/60 showdown numbers completely BAFFLE me. i ran the worst there yet my showdown #s show otherwise. i will never understand poker [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Old 12-12-2005, 06:10 AM

day 3 was not fun. i started out up 7K in 100 hands---then proceeded to lose most of it HU. i fought my way back to even after a long day.

as usual, i am crushing party 1/2. here are my day 3 stats

here are my total stats since i started this thread

Old 12-12-2005, 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i havent won at poker in a long time. i mean a long time. 26K hands of 0.00BB/100 now.

[/ QUOTE ]
Amusing, but only because you're NOT joking.

GoT
Old 12-12-2005, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
here are my total stats since i started this thread

[/ QUOTE ]

Wish I'd had such a rough 3 days... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2005, 08:37 PM

I find this post shocking! The VPIPs and the W$WSF is fairly high yet you consider it running bad?

Or do you exclude W$SF and only use WTSD/W$SD as your "running good/bad" gauges? I guess its all shorterm with these 1 - 5 000 hand stats.

Could you guys(For me and maybe other posters) Remove your winnings(But show us say a 30 000 hand stretch) of your game filtered by 4+players up to 6 of course(6max stats only).

I'd like to see how differently the higher stakes 2+2ers play and get an idea of your stats.

Whats considered a good winrate/achieveable at your stakes also?

Sorry to "Hijack" your thread baron.

Also, Do you guys feel you've lost the sense of value on money? I mean throwing around $100/200 and losing $12k in a few hours or so must cause a "Desentisation"? Will you ever be happy if you have to quit poker(If i suddenly vanished) and got a 9-5 job with a RELATIVELY poor wage?

Ill be monitoring this thread whilst i grind away at my $1/2 ..... Hmm feels like pennys after watching this. Seeing my bankroll is red as decribed as a "bad session" LOL.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I find this post shocking! The VPIPs and the W$WSF is fairly high yet you consider it running bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play very short handed games, lots of HU and 3 handed where my VPIP is 60+. This artificially makes my VPIP seem high and makes me look a lot laggier than I actually am. Also, the lower the number of players at the table, the more often you have to W$WSF--logically, I think this makes sense.

[ QUOTE ]

Or do you exclude W$SF and only use WTSD/W$SD as your "running good/bad" gauges? I guess its all shorterm with these 1 - 5 000 hand stats.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, my favorite gauge is WTSD/W$SD, but apparently I should throw that out the window in these hyperaggressive games. Any player should KNOW when he/she is running bad just based on the flow of the game. If people are hitting 5 outer after 5 outer against your TPTK, then you know you need to stop running bad immediately and start winning.

[ QUOTE ]

Could you guys(For me and maybe other posters) Remove your winnings(But show us say a 30 000 hand stretch) of your game filtered by 4+players up to 6 of course(6max stats only).

I'd like to see how differently the higher stakes 2+2ers play and get an idea of your stats.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know exactly how to do this. I play so much 3 handed (my favorite type of poker) that I would have no idea how to separate it in Pokertracker without exporting into a new database.

[ QUOTE ]

Whats considered a good winrate/achieveable at your stakes also?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure I should be happy with anything positive, but I'm not happy with myself if I'm stuck with a .5 or .8BB/100 winrate. At the same time, I have no idea within any degree of certainty my true winrate at any limit. The only thing I know in my entire poker career is that I am a winner at 5/10 and a winner at 10/20. There is some calculator you can use, depending on SD, hands, and BB/100 that can tell you your winrate range up to 99.8% certainty.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, Do you guys feel you've lost the sense of value on money? I mean throwing around $100/200 and losing $12k in a few hours or so must cause a "Desentisation"? Will you ever be happy if you have to quit poker(If i suddenly vanished) and got a 9-5 job with a RELATIVELY poor wage?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm really beginning to feel like I need to separate poker from life. In poker, I can lose 25K in a matter of 5 or 6 hours, but spending 20K to buy a new car that will last me 10 years would be a huge decision. Ultimately, though, I'm just a college kid trying to make some dough on the side until I graduate, at which point I will definitely take on a "real" job. If I manage to be as successful as the great/successful players on this site I will be very grateful for the nestegg that will allow me some freedom when it comes time for job hunting.

As for this thread, I am no longer going to update it. I have started running well again (had my second best day ever today) and feel like a jackass for continuing this thread. Thanks to everyone who replied constructively when I first posted this. We've all been there, and we will all be there again soon. I'm hoping for no more than one such 30K stretch every few months, because they truly, truly suck, and make me hate poker. Poker for me will continue on, but I've almost completely abandoned party 30/60. I think the game sucks and it has been crushing me for the past 30K played hands there (0BB/100) so I'm just going to 2-3 table the higher limit games that I find are good. Late night high stakes games are usually as good as the mid stakes games during the day, so I will hold out for those until I start running bad.

PS. I've decided to start using punctuation and capitalization again in my posts. I guess it makes things easier to read. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2005, 09:47 PM

Hit a big wall since my first post in the thread. I guess regression towards the mean does happen. My new December to date totals online:

Did I ever mention this is my favorite forum?
Old 12-12-2005, 09:55 PM

P.S. from hand 876 to 1344 this month I ran suuuuuper bad, way worse than any 468 hand stretch in my life I think. I'm pretty confident though that the next 468 hand stretch HAS to improve because I'm due.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:56 PM

Way to hijack my thread!

Quick question, and you can answer in a PM if you want.

How do the Interpoker big games compare to UB or Party? You seem to play there exclusively so I'm just curious.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:10 AM

Any updates buddy? I was looking forward to another update so I could try to hijack it again!!!!

As a teaser, I'm up to 2,151 hands played online this month! Things are going stellar!