Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 01:30 PM

Default Re: Most wonderfully played hand ever. 109

When you see a title like this, you can expect OP to be completely serious.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:31 PM

nothing to see here, move on
Old 09-13-2005, 01:32 PM

Sometimes maximizing profit doesn't come from just the hand in question.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:34 PM

Then the hand becomes irrelevant to discuss though. Discuss the thoughts behind sacrificing max profit in this hand to make more later then.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:40 PM

Next time I check the flop and turn and try to take away the pot on the river I have a better chance of succeeding if this hand goes to showdown and wins. And if it doesn't they lose all respect for me and I get action when I fastplay. These are regulars; they will be keeping notes.

Also, my title has no bearing on whether or not the hand disclosed inside is worth discussing or not. Take your 8 posts an go home. Yes. I'm bringing out the "You have few posts, so go to hell" card.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:48 PM

This whole thread is pretty hilarious.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
must raise pf early on in the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. And I will not debate this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can bet some pretty good players disagree with you. Including me. I understand the argument you're making, but I think it's a pretty ridiculous one with 30 bb's. You have to realize how controversial what you said is, and "refusing to debate it" just makes you look like an ass.

In your other post you say that you're not going broke automatically with QQ on an all under flop, but against most opponents on this board it is wrong not too. Yadda, yadda, there are exceptions, and I'm aware of that, but with 30 bb's you just don't have a big enough stack to maneuver your way out of this pot in most of the instances where you're beat.

You also say that you check the flop to keep the pot small, but plan on check raising the second villain if he doesn't bet. Huh?

You go on to say that you put villain 1 on a c-bet or set and villiain 2 on a draw. You then say you're not scared of any cards yet, but want to make sure you see a safe turn so that you can go ahead and put cash in. Think about your reads for a second and see if it makes sense to wait for a safe card to bomb the turn given your reads. The turn card doesn't matter much for V1 because he either has a set or not (according to you), and there is no point in giving V2 a chance to correctly see a turn when you can charge him for his draw. You also let A's and K's draw for free. I just think so much of this thinking is incredibly flawed. It seems like you decided what you did was right (other than when you say you missed a turn bet) and you're coming here to defend it. I'm not saying just because everyone says you're wrong that you should believe it, but you should at least consider it and re-examine your thought process.

As for my position on the hand, I raise pf, fold to a reraise from most people. I bet the flop with intentions of getting it all-in or c/r all-in depending on the opponent. If I got to your turn I would pot it. River is fine.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When you see a title like this, you can expect OP to be completely serious.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, jesus i can't believe all of these people couldn't see the sarcasm in your title, given the way the hand played out.

the biggest problem with this hand is that you missed your turn checkraise. if you get that in, you probably take it down on the turn. you went with your gut that it would get bet, it didn't oh well.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As for my position on the hand, I raise pf, fold to a reraise from most people.

[/ QUOTE ]

so if this is true, wouldn't it be correct to reraise your raises with any 2? if u will only call with aa/kk, then it seems like i should reraise u any 2
Old 09-13-2005, 03:54 PM

Glad i'm not the only one thinking this play was mega -EV. Thanks for the reinforcement kramer.