Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-22-2005, 08:45 AM

Default QQ at Prima 3/6 - Weak tight or OK?

I dont have the hand history so I try as best as possible to take it from memory.

Have been playing at the table for about 25 minutes. Have no real read on villian (UTG) but he seems solid and selectively tight aggressive preflop.

I have a pretty tight image at the moment.

Villian has $630 and I have a little more.

Prima 6-handed (6-max) Blinds $3/6

I am in BB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villian makes it 20 UTG, UTG+1 and CO calls, SB folds.

I am thinking about calling but decides to pop it up to 75 trying to take it down right there.

Villian calls the additional 55. UTG+1 folds, CO folds.

Flop comes T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I thinking about betting but decides to check, Villian bets 90 after like 5 secods.

Hero folds...

My reasoning is that he would not bet AK here so I think he has an overpair and I am only beating JJ. If I call or raise I feel almost obligated to lose my stack unless an A or K fells. So I just give the pot up because I want a stronger read of the player before playing a very big pot here. In retrospect I think I should had bet 3/4 pot or so on the flop. But is my fold after the bet reasonable or incredible weak/tight after the check?

Comments preflop and on the flop is appreciated.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:46 AM

Default Re: QQ at Prima 3/6 - Weak tight or OK?

i think you need to bet the flop, about 120 or so. As played, he may be betting some hands worse than yours (AK, JJ, 99, possibly any low pp but not likely). Without betting you have no idea where you stand.

after your bet, if he raises, I would probably figure i was beat and fold. If he just calls, you are also probalby beat, and I would check the turn, and likely fold to a significant bet by villain. I think there is a good chance he folds to your bet though, and I think your flop check looks weak and a lot like AK. He might think he's beat, but take one last stab at the pot since you checked.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:14 PM

your preflop re-raise is too small especially since you have the worst position. Make it at least $100.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your preflop re-raise is too small especially since you have the worst position. Make it at least $100.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, also bet the flop for sure
Old 12-22-2005, 03:50 PM

I don't think you can narrow down his hand range as tightly as you have given that you've only played with him for 25 minutes, and you gave him 3:1 on his call, PF.

Bet the flop, and see what happens.

Since you checked.... man, you have no read, and no clue where you are in the hand. Villian would bet a LOT of hands here, since you checked. I think I would call and lead the turn.

Yes, check/folding here is weak tight.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:08 AM

#bump.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:52 AM

I don't play on prima. . .but in most short handed 6 max games you are going to get run over playing like this.

Raise more preflop
Bet 3/4 pot or so on the flop like you said, and you can fold to a raise if you think that's correct against this particular player.

He could have any pocket pair or AK here very easily, and you just gave him the pot.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't play on prima. . .but in most short handed 6 max games you are going to get run over playing like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Mm, definitely. And I dont play like this, quite the opposite actually. The post was about if its ok to take this line once in a while.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:14 AM

Ugly. Full pot raise preflop (around $100) and then 1/2pot to 2/3pot bet on that flop. Check folding a T high rainbow board with Qs? Are you kidding?