Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: ATo in 6-way pot ($11)

Well obviously it also depends on the position of the limper. There's more than one factor in play as to whether I shove but I do it sometimes; that's all I am saying.

With 3 people in, then no, there is too much chance one will call with a pocket pair or something in my opinion.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet the flop for t250, it's a nice situation because it looks so much like a bluff due to the 5 checks ahead, and therefore you'll get worse hands than usual looking you up, I'm probably going to the felt with this hand if I'm raised... just because I see so often middle pocket pairs coming over the top, thinking you're buying the pot.

PF I also limp along, I'm on the button and the pot is nice, I'll happily take a flop, I agree that folding does just seem too weak/tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, a 250 chip bet here from his stack does not look like he's buying the pot at all. If you had 99 for example, and there were 5 other people in the hand, and the flop came ace high, you're gonna check-raise and put him all in? That's nuts.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:16 PM

Umm, this may sound stupid but I want to make sure I have the intuition right.

You would respect an early position limper more than a late position limper, correct?

My thinking: early positioning warrants stronger hands to be limped than in later positions where those should be raised
Old 12-14-2005, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I bet the flop for t250, it's a nice situation because it looks so much like a bluff due to the 5 checks ahead, and therefore you'll get worse hands than usual looking you up, I'm probably going to the felt with this hand if I'm raised... just because I see so often middle pocket pairs coming over the top, thinking you're buying the pot.

PF I also limp along, I'm on the button and the pot is nice, I'll happily take a flop, I agree that folding does just seem too weak/tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, a 250 chip bet here from his stack does not look like he's buying the pot at all. If you had 99 for example, and there were 5 other people in the hand, and the flop came ace high, you're gonna check-raise and put him all in? That's nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm not saying I would do that... HOWEVER, I do see this happen quite a lot. (although saying that it maybe because I'm at the $10 SNGs at the moment!)
Old 12-15-2005, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold on the button with ATo and three limpers..? Seems awful weak-tight to me. Well, anyway, you have to bet this I think, for value if nothing else. I hate how it's a dry flop though so AJ/AQ/AK could be in there (though the last two, you would hope, would raise pf). I don't agree with pushing though. There's absolutely no need.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean that you don't like pushing pf or on the flop? I'm not sure what to do on the flop other than push. Even if I only bet 200, I'm down to 445, and I'm certainly going to call any push. I suppose that 445 isn't an unreasonably low number, so maybe 200 would be a good bet.

Thanks,
Will

P.S. In an $11, I pretty much assume that AJ-AK are going to be raise pf, although I do run into AK and AQ (but not AJ) limped often enough to at least think about this. However, I usually don't worry about it unless I have a particular read.