Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Is this rude? Or am I a racist

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This is an idiotic statement. Being intolerant of actions does not make you racist. Being intolerant of actions dependent on the persons race does.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an idiotic statement. Being intolerant of black people because they are too loud is clearly being racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've gotta call bullshit on you here. Being intolerant of loud people is not racist, regardless of your race or theirs. Loud is loud regardless of one's skin color. Under your theory, minorities should be given freedom to do whatever the hell they want because of their skin color (because to correct any improper action on their part would be racist).
Old 05-19-2005, 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, you are being a racist. You know why? Because part of tolerance is accepting other cultures/races/religions etc no matter what quirks and things they might have that you disagree with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody has to be be around people they don't like. It's called freedom. Forced "tolerance" is bull.

Furthermore, many blacks are rascist. That's why when they don't get their way they play the 'race card' against caucasians.

And what's up with them talking to the movie screens at theaters [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Thank goodness for Netflix [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2005, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I've gotta call bullshit on you here. Being intolerant of loud people is not racist, regardless of your race or theirs. Loud is loud regardless of one's skin color. Under your theory, minorities should be given freedom to do whatever the hell they want because of their skin color (because to correct any improper action on their part would be racist).

[/ QUOTE ]

No no, you're totally missing what I'm trying to say. Look at the part where he says:

[ QUOTE ]
oh my [censored] god cant these morons speak just little bit quietly. why do only black people speak so [censored] loud? All other races can speak like normal humans

[/ QUOTE ]

I rest my case.

EDIT: I have no trouble with him not wanting to sit next to them because they're loud.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, you are being a racist. You know why? Because part of tolerance is accepting other cultures/races/religions etc no matter what quirks and things they might have that you disagree with.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an idiotic statement. Being intolerant of actions does not make you racist. Being intolerant of actions dependent on the persons race does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, for race ALONE, but the other two groups - cultures/religions make sense.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an idiotic statement. Being intolerant of black people because they are too loud is clearly being racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being intolerant of loud people isn't. Being intolerant only of loud people that happen to be black is.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Being intolerant of loud people isn't. Being intolerant only of loud people that happen to be black is.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF, do you practise selective reading or something? Did you just skim over the part where he says

[ QUOTE ]
why do only black people speak so [censored] loud? All other races can speak like normal humans

[/ QUOTE ]

???
Old 05-19-2005, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
part of tolerance is accepting other cultures/races/religions etc no matter what quirks and things they might have that you disagree with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps we should be more tolerant of religious cults that abuse small children? I hate this whoile "tolerance" thing. It's NOT a matter of "tolerance".
Old 05-19-2005, 09:36 AM

You might want to wait to rest your case until you've actually proven your point. In this situation, you haven't yet done that. You told jake (who didn't make the statement you quoted before resting your case -- the OP did) that he was idiotic for stating that simply being annoyed by loud people is not racist just because the loud people are black. Your response to jake's post was clearly BS for the reasons I stated. Quoting the OP's blanket statements about loud black people doesn't change that.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:37 AM

Whats your problem? I specifically said that it doesent depend on race. It just that where I live I hear only black people speaking loud.

I think you are the one who practice selective reading.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF, do you practise selective reading or something? Did you just skim over the part where he says

[ QUOTE ]
why do only black people speak so [censored] loud? All other races can speak like normal humans

[/ QUOTE ]

???

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I wasn't arguing that he was a racist or not. Your statement was a general one, and I was arguing that your statement was stupid, which it is. It's politically correct crap. Not only that, but it's poorly thought out politically correct crap.