Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 10:40 PM

Default Table VPIP

I've read several places talking about looking for tables with VPIP's above 30. I'm doing well to find 50NL tables with VPIP about 20, much less sustaining that level over any length of time.

I'm looking at the four tables on party with the biggest pots and starting with them. I realize that big pots doesn't necessarily mean high VPIP, but it's a starting point.

My questions are these. How important is a good VPIP? I'm doing okay even though a lot of my tables are under 20. Second, is there any secret to keeping VPIP sustained other than just letting the table determine it?
Old 10-06-2005, 11:06 PM

Default Re: Table VPIP

[ QUOTE ]
I've read several places talking about looking for tables with VPIP's above 30. I'm doing well to find 50NL tables with VPIP about 20, much less sustaining that level over any length of time.

I'm looking at the four tables on party with the biggest pots and starting with them. I realize that big pots doesn't necessarily mean high VPIP, but it's a starting point.

My questions are these. How important is a good VPIP? I'm doing okay even though a lot of my tables are under 20. Second, is there any secret to keeping VPIP sustained other than just letting the table determine it?

[/ QUOTE ]

with tables under 20, which you're saying you're doing ok, it's probably hands your winning with sets vs people that can't fold AA/KK.

the importance of vp$ip >= 30 is the presence of numerous fish that will pay you off with their [censored] hands.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:35 PM

Default Re: Table VPIP

Thoughts on how to find those tables?