Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 11:00 AM

Default When to move back to party? or elsewhere?

Well I'm sure someone will remember that I posted about moving 60 dollars over to Stars from Party to build up in microlimits.

After grinding away at the .05/.10 LHE tables for 2 nights I was up 3.70 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Not horrible I suppose but as was suggested I really didn't have the patience for this. SO I moved over to .25/.50 LO8
With 120BB which is NOT underbankrolled. I have since brought my "bankroll" up to $110ish. This is over about 800 hands. Eventually I am going to move back to party or at the very least somehwere besides Stars because
A NO game selection (I play at night at work)
B No .50/1.00 LO8 game going EVER

So how much would you suggest I have before I move it somewhere else? And should I move it straight to Party or is there somehwere else you would suggest?
Old 09-14-2005, 12:23 PM

Default Re: When to move back to party? or elsewhere?

Y would u state that 120 bb is not underbankrolled and then ask for people's advice on how u should have. If u do not want bankroll advice, then y ask for it?
Old 09-14-2005, 12:58 PM

300BB is common for LHE but isn't nesassary for LO8 from I've been told.

Completely different question then what I asked anyway. Or at least meant to ask. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2005, 04:31 PM

The .50/$1 LHE games at Party are very good. I would suggest getting back on them as quickly as you can. How confident are you that you're a winning player? I can see taking a shot with only $200. Sounds like you've already deposited there in the past so just wait until the next Party reload bonus and then reload and make a little bonus money while you try it out. The "safe" move would be to wait for $300-$500 and if you're worried about going broke you should probably wait for that and be ready to move back to the nano-limits if you start poorly. Even with games as terrible as Party .5/$1 it can take a while to cut your teeth and get going.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:55 PM

120BB is not sufficient for a non-supplemented O8. i dont care what you think or how stubborn you are at beleiving that, but there is a more than reasonble risk of going broke.

if you were always playing with a very good bonus, perhaps a 120BB roll would be suitable. but without getting on a good rush, you are not looking safe for the long haul