Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2004, 12:04 PM

Default Maybe he\'s so crazy he blew my mind

I'm playing .5/1 on UB and everything is ho-hum and then a complete maniac sits down. Well, I didn't know he was a maniac at first, cause he just sat down. But then I started to see his crazy ways with hand #1:

I'm UTG ($88) with AA. I limp, folded to him, he raises to $12. Folded back to me. What should I do here?

Any move I make will look like I have aces, so I push.

He thinks and thinks and then folds showing A5o. At the time, I thought this guy was a complete moron, but I'd later learn this was an act.

He continues preflop raises that are way higher than standard raises, but it is clear that he understands the image he is trying to portray so at times he mixes it up. Overall, he looked like a very solid player but he was often playing very loose and very agressively. Another hand he made another absurd preflop bet, was called by the BB AJ4 flopped, check check, x on the turn, he's check raised all in and calls with J9 to take down the pot against someone's 7's. Yeah, he was putting a lot of players on mega tilt.

Then this hand comes up.

He's UTG+1 and has me covered. He raises to $7. I am in the CO (~$94) with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I call. BB calls, 3 to the flop.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

He bets $20. I call. Should I have raised here? BB folds.

Turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He checks, I check (bad check?)

River: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He puts me all in. I call. Was this correct?

Comments on both hands and especially all streets on the second hand appreciated. If a blank came on the river and he puts me all in do I call?

What do you put this guy on?
Old 12-17-2004, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Maybe he\'s so crazy he blew my mind

Well not considering his pre flop bet he played it like QQ but his pre flop bet was kind of weak for that hand which also leads me to believe he may be holding TJ. He could be holding Ax. I think you should have considered reraising the flop or betting the turn because if he would have called or checked down then hit the Q and pushed then I think TJ is a strong possibility. He pushed and you have about 1/3 of your chips in the pot and are losing to AA,QQ,TJ,X8 I think you should fold.