Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2004, 02:58 PM

Default Re: ESPN Tournament of Champions field

Actually that was Minh not Men at the top but I wasn't sure if that WSOP standing or Player of the year standings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Minh lead the WSOP all-around leaderboard for a while. I guess maybe he is still leading it in 'TV time'

Men 'The Master' won the Player of the Year award in 2003. He'd be the better candidate for a Tournament of Champions.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:55 AM

Here is the list--except for Raymer they were all picked by a poll espn did during the WSOP. Raymer is in cause he won the main event--as it should be.

Howard Lederer
TJ Cloutier
Chip Reese
Doyle Brunson
Phil Ivey
Phil Hellmuth
Men Nguyen
Annie Duke
Greg Raymer
Johnny Chan

There are obviously some notables not on the list: Erik Seidel and Gus Hansen in particular. But I guess if you are polling for 9 there will be great great players not included. It is a shame they cannot do two tables.

I personally don't think I belong there but I will take the chance at 2 million lol.

Annie Duke
Old 08-08-2004, 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I personally don't think I belong there

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why your name isn't as fitting as any other name on that list.

[ QUOTE ]
but I will take the chance at 2 million

[/ QUOTE ]

You should trade 20% with that Howard guy.

Note that I'm not a fan, but just offering what I think is an unbiased positive assessment - my first name just happens to match your last.

~D
Old 08-08-2004, 07:51 AM

GL

Greg Raymer is a lucky guy.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:49 AM

I'm kind of surprised Chip Reese is on that list. I didn't think many casual fans knew who he was. I'm also surprised that Moneymaker and Harrington are not in it. It's unfortunate that Seidel and Forrest are not very well known as neither played any part in the 2003 WSOP main event.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is the list--except for Raymer they were all picked by a poll espn did during the WSOP. Raymer is in cause he won the main event--as it should be.

Howard Lederer
TJ Cloutier
Chip Reese
Doyle Brunson
Phil Ivey
Phil Hellmuth
Men Nguyen
Annie Duke
Greg Raymer
Johnny Chan

There are obviously some notables not on the list: Erik Seidel and Gus Hansen in particular. But I guess if you are polling for 9 there will be great great players not included. It is a shame they cannot do two tables.

I personally don't think I belong there but I will take the chance at 2 million lol.

Annie Duke

[/ QUOTE ]

Annie, how do you figure Gus Hansen should be in? He's never won anything at the WSOP if I'm not mistaken. Since this is a WSOP TOC, then he has nothing to his credit to make the list? Now, if this were a WPT TOC, then he'd be first in line.

Also, you are right, Erik is a glaring omission and it's too bad that the viewing public hasn't had a chance to see him play on TV much since this the advent of lipstick cams and poker on TV every other hour.

If indeed this is a WSOP TOC then the other obvious noteable omissions are Chris Ferguson, Layne Flack and possibly Huck Seed.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:26 AM

Default Re: congrats on making the \"list\"

will be fun you watch you and howard play escpecially.

I would have loved to see Scotty Nguyen and possible Baniel N (not because I agree with his views on you... ect, but becasue he is a great player.)

anyways, good luck!
Old 08-08-2004, 01:09 PM

I was surprised that Gus wasn't on the list because he has had so much TV coverage with his 3 WPT wins. Remember this was a poll of players. espn did not pick the list. In that case Gus seemed like a glaring omission while Chip Reese was a surprise since he has basically had no coverage on TV.

I think I should not be on that list because NL Hold'em is not my best game and there are some far greaters players than I not on the list--Gus and Erik in particular. That is why when I got the call from Harrah's I asked if I was on there just because they wanted a girl on the list. I was surprised I had actually been picked on the poll. I assume it is because I got so deep in last years 10k event and got so much coverage from espn.

I think the group they have will be entertaining. And in the end if you are only showing 10 players there will have to be some truly great players omitted.
Old 08-08-2004, 01:49 PM

Well, I would have liked to see Howard and Daniel in the lineup, but nevertheless, this sounds like an exciting event. Certainly one worth the tivo space.
Old 08-08-2004, 02:05 PM

Howard is in the lineup.