Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-28-2005, 01:57 PM

Default 2/5 live two pair oops

2/5 at the Borgata.

4 players limp, and I limp on the button with 97o because I feel like it(not usually standard for me. too tight?). I have $950 and have the relevent people covered.

Flop is 942 no suits and it gets checked to me. I bet 20 into the $25 pot, and get called by the second limper(seems like a decent player), and the fourth limper(likes to be tricky, seems like he can read hands ok).

The turn is a 7. They check, and the action is on me? a), should I bet, and B) how much? I didn't figure either of these guys for an overpair or A9(thats not how they would play it preflop, and they wouldn't check call it) and its a pretty drawless board. Does that make this a check behind on the turn? The pot is about $90. If I bet how much should it be? A bet of $60-90 would be a fairly strong bet in this game, and most probably would only be called by an overpair(a misread hand by me) or a set. Should I bet it, or go for pot control based on the way the hand has played out thus far?

FWIW, I checked, and was prepared to call any decent sized bet on the river.

Thanks,
Jason
Old 12-28-2005, 02:56 PM

Default Re: 2/5 live two pair oops

bet, 2/3 pot

looks like the pot is $85. i'd bet $60.