Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 09-20-2005, 06:41 PM

Default Re: How was my play: \'Was this a hold up attempt\'?

[ QUOTE ]
Having a gun to wave around in this case is never a bad idea. I keep a very realistic looking air-cartridge handgun for situations like this. That way I don't have to worry about accidentally killing one if I do shoot them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad move. If you pull a gun, it better be real, loaded, and safety off.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:46 PM

actually, when I replayed this scenario in my head, I saw myself going into the house and saying I would be right back, and then the garage door slowly opens with me holding a shotgun in total badass stance. However, in this strongly democratic area (and I myself am a democrat, but happen to be pro gun), even pulling a gun can land you in some trouble.

Basically, the way things where setup, I felt I had control of the situation from the point that I got out of the car on. I can't explain all the details or variables but, I was constantly analying my situation and preparing for whatever may happen.

Nothing did, they turned out to just honestly need a ride, just had a very strange approach to it.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:51 PM

Next time act real ed off cause your stereo won't work. Curse a lot. The Mofo stero ain't mofo working, I ain't got no mofo $5 and I ain't going on no mofo ride right now.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:29 PM

...or maybe these were just some drunk guys who wanted $5 to buy some smokes, so they thought they would try selling a knife. When they couldn't do that, they tried to get a ride home. Not everyone is out to get you. Kudos for helping somebody out.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Having a gun to wave around in this case is never a bad idea. I keep a very realistic looking air-cartridge handgun for situations like this. That way I don't have to worry about accidentally killing one if I do shoot them.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]
That sounds like a really, really good way to get shot.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:20 PM

I may have missed a key point here, they claimed they wanted the $5 for gas money and that their car was out of gas about 5 miles away. (although this wasn't the first thing they said, which would have made them a lot less likely to get into a fight and a lot more likley to get help)

This pretty much made sense, as they didn't live close and wouldn't otherwise be walking through my neighborhood.

and, it's not like I lied about sleeping with them...
Old 09-20-2005, 11:30 PM

This should have been posted in the high stakes forum. You were playing for the highest of stakes.

And yes, it was misplayed on every street.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...or maybe these were just some drunk guys who wanted $5 to buy some smokes, so they thought they would try selling a knife. When they couldn't do that, they tried to get a ride home. Not everyone is out to get you. Kudos for helping somebody out.

[/ QUOTE ]

They should perhaps consider selling something a little less "stabby" if they hope to attract customers. I think the sales pitch was more along the lines of "You can either buy this knife from me, or I can stick it in your chest, your choice."
Old 09-21-2005, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I keep a very realistic looking air-cartridge handgun for situations like this. That way I don't have to worry about accidentally killing one if I do shoot them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the hell would you want to shoot someone and NOT kill them?
Old 09-21-2005, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I finally drop the Stinky Bros. off and make note of where they live

[/ QUOTE ]
Was it in Pleasant Unity?

[ QUOTE ]
I thought slightly about... trying to knock them down before we got in the car

[/ QUOTE ]
My mental picture of this is hilarious. I think the height difference makes me think of five-year-olds.

[ QUOTE ]
but I just check called the whole way. it was loose, I know

[/ QUOTE ]
Stop doing this, seriously.

[ QUOTE ]
I keep a very realistic looking air-cartridge handgun for situations like this. That way I don't have to worry about accidentally killing one if I do shoot them.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought you were smarter than this. Let's say you shoot one with your airgun. Now he's not dead, but he's pissed off. Have you increased or decreased your chances of getting seriously hurt or killed? When you draw a gun, you better be ready to use it. None of this "draw to scare" or "shoot to maim" stuff. Your life is on the line.

[ QUOTE ]
I saw myself going into the house and saying I would be right back, and then the garage door slowly opens with me holding a shotgun in total badass stance.

[/ QUOTE ]
Get this. Say "BRB".

[ QUOTE ]
and, it's not like I lied about sleeping with them...

[/ QUOTE ]
So you did sleep with them?

[ QUOTE ]
Don't work on your car in the street in a seedy neighborhood.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what kind of neighborhood is this that you were installing your stereo (presumably) in the middle of the day and some punks walk up with a knife?

[/ QUOTE ]
Awesome. This neighborhood is the farthest thing from "seedy" I have ever seen. The average area resident is far more likely to be incredibly stupid than even moderately malicious. I think that given the circumstances (which are admittedly hard to understand from his description), Hero's play is much less terrible than it sounds.