BB ($192)
UTG ($184)
MP1 ($449)
MP2 ($80.50)
MP3 ($75)
Hero ($449)
BUT ($249)

Preflop:

Hero is dealt T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG folds, MP1 calls $2, 2 folds, Hero calls $2, BUT folds, SB checks, BB raises to $10, MP1 folds, Hero calls $8, SB folds.

Flop ($24): 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB bets $24, hero calls $24. Stacks still deep, I felt like with the 2nd nut low and a pair why not take a stab. I didn't necessarily think he had an A2 draw, as his previous two known raises were both with AA and he had limped with A2, A3 type hands.

Turn ($72): T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB bets $72, hero calls $72. Now I have two pair. The flush still isn't home, there is no made straight yet. I feel like I have to take the 2:1 pot odds.

River ($216): J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB bets $86 and is all in. Hero calls.

I think that I'm in great shape either way. If he's got AA I'm good to go. If he was going low, I'm good to go. If he was going flush I'm good too. He's not raising with AQ unless it was something like AQ23, and if so, I pay off. Obviously not raising with Q9, or 97. He could have a set, but is he really raising up out of position preflop with a KK hand or 88 hand? At this point my odds are almost 4:1, I have to call right?

Did I play this right, and if not, what do I do differently?
Old 07-27-2005, 09:37 AM

Default Re: 2nd nut low draw and bottom pair on a heads up flop

I would give this up on the flop... the only cards you like to see on the turn are two non-spade 10's, another 4, or a 2, all of which may still leave you far behind).

However, assuming you had some strong and weird read on the player who's taking the lead this hand, maybe a call wasn't totally unreasonable. And, since you called there and caught a decent turn card, the rest seems OK. Perhaps a raise on the turn was in order...